FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR
' I   WAS   BORED . '

Eddie sashayed into the room, humming to herself as she pulled the binder tight around her chest. She rolled her head as she grasped a shirt, pulling it over her shoulders. The muscles in her back rippled under her skin as it seemed to stretch over her body. She began to button it up and pulled a tie to hang around her neck. She spun around, moving backwards as she began to knot the fabric and pushed it to her neck. She flipped the collar downwards but stopped in her tracks.

She turned with furrowed eyebrows and blinked a few times, grasping her blazer as she raised an eyebrow at Luther who sat on the sofa with a beaten face. She swung it over her shoulders, looking away. 'What the fuck have you been up to?' she questioned, pushing her suit jacket back and stuffing her hands into her trouser pockets.

'I could say the same to you,' he replied, and a smirk formed on her face.

'Thank you,' she replied, turning to the counter and picking up a mug of coffee. She took a sip and leaned against the desk. 'So, what happened? Change of heart?' Luther went to open his mouth, but Eddie gasped. 'Did you decide to use your brain?'

'I-'

'-Oh, my! How did it feel? Was it like you'd expected?'

Luther glared, and Eddie gave him a wink as she glanced at Five as he moved into the room. She turned around, placing the coffee cup onto the table and tucking a piece of hair behind her ear as she pulled out a notebook from her inside pocket.

Five grabbed the cup and began to drink it as Eddie pulled out a folded paper from the book. She paused, turning to look at Luther as Elliot entered the room.

She blinked for a moment. 'Is that Elliot's bathrobe?'

'No...' Luther refused to meet her eyes, and she grimaced, turning away as she suppressed a shudder.

She turned to Five as Diego fell into a sofa with a sigh. 'So you think dad knows about time travel?' she questioned, pushing herself to sit on a desk with furrowed eyebrows.

'Something about it.' he answered and Eddie hummed, silence filling the room for a moment.

'Why don't you just do your thing, and uh, time travel us out?' Elliot asked, and Eddie let out a snort, covering her mouth as the others shared wary looks.

'Would anybody like to explain?'

Eddie's hand shot into the air, and the three groaned under their breath. She let out a giggle. 'First time he tried, he got lost in the future. The second time he ended up without hair on his balls. And the last time he tried, he scattered our family throughout multiple points in time in Dallas, Texas, possibly triggering a Doomsday.' Elliot blinked blankly for a moment. 'He has truly mastered it, as you can tell.'

'You suggested it,' Five shot back.

'Once,' Eddie reminded. 'And if we hadn't, you'd all be like the pizza Klaus cooked when we were fourteen.' Diego and Luther grimaced but they all, including Five, pursed their lips in understanding.

'Guys, you're all missing the big picture here. Dad is the ringleader of a sinister cabal that's planning to kill the president,' Diego sighed out. Eddie shuffled, and her eyes fell to the ground.

Five glanced at her out of the corner of his eyes. 'Lyn?' Five asked, a warning under his tone.

She let out a piece of strained laughter. 'Funny story. Err...'

'You were there, weren't you?' Diego asked. 'That's why you were at the party.'

'You really just caught on to that?'

'What?' Luther asked, his face contorted in confusion.

'You're here for three years, and you join a shady shadow government?' Five asked exasperatedly.

'I was bored.'

'Are fucking serious?' Diego asked incredulously.

'Alright, undo the calamity that is in your mammaries, mister.' Eddie jumped off of the table. 'You're literally acting like the kid cheated when he's just had a wet dream. I wasn't affecting the timeline, thank you very much. I was just-' she paused, grimacing. '-guiding it.'

'You suggested it?' Five asked.

'No.'

'But?' Five edged.

'I may have pushed the idea along.' Diego threw his hands into the air, turning away.

'Anyway.' Five shook his head. 'Back to the subject. Look, the way I see it, we're left only one option.'

'Oh yeah, what's that?' Luther questioned.

'It's time to get the Umbrella Academy back together.'

'Yay!' Eddie cheered sarcastically, dancing in a circle as she waved her arms in the air.

'Can one of you get Allison then?' Luther asked, and a grimace pulled at Eddie's features.

'You two still a thing?' Diego questioned.

'She's married...'

A snort left Eddie's mouth. 'Unlucky buddy.' She let out a giggle. Eddie turned and grabbed her hat, pulling it onto her head as she moved backwards. 'I suppose we can trust you to get Vanya without squeezing her to death?' Eddie quirked an eyebrow, and Luther glared. Her back hit the rail before she let herself fall back, landing on her feet with a small, rebound bounce and moving to the door.

'Can't you use the stairs like a normal person?'

She spun on her heel and shrugged. 'Where's the fun in that?'