[27]

Everything hurt

Everything hurt. Moving, breathing, everything. She wanted it all to stop, the moving, the breathing. As the heated knife came closer to her stomach she began hyperventilating. "Wait!"

Clarke drew back quickly. "Diana it's okay." Isaac reassured. "Clarke knows what she's doing."

"I'm scared."

Clarke shook her head, pressing the knife the to the wound, closing it. A horrific scream escaped her, tears streamed down her face. Octavia wished to cover her ears but she couldn't, she wiped the tears off Diana's cheeks. "I know it hurts. I know. It's okay. You're okay." She whispered.

"I- I lo-" She was cut off by Clarke turning her on her side and cauterizing the exit wound, Diana screamed again. Bellamy entered.

"We have to get going. Now." He told them. "Put them on the streachers and head out." Seeing the girl the way she was, weak and beaten down, scared him. He had never seen her that way, it was wrong for Diana to be anything but strong and confident. "Hey." He crouched down next to her on the other side of Octavia who hadn't left Diana's side since she had been shot. "Can you give me a minute, O?" She hesitantly nodded before leaving them. "You keep staying alive, alright? We need you, Diana. Got that?"

"You can say you're worried, Bellamy. I'm not gonna tell a soul." She rasped out, a ghost of a smile on her lips as she held her hand out to him which he took. "You just keep your head on straight, don't let anymore of our people die. You hear me?"

"Loud and clear." After that, he helped get her into a streacher where she dozed off.

___

Isaac Cooper was one of the gunners at the front of the group, Miller and his boyfriend talked of the things they'd do once they got to the ocean. Surfing, swimming, being happy together. He looked back at Clarke who was with Bellamy, Finn and Raven.

When Jasper heard something, they all stopped. "What?" Isaac asked. "Why'd we stop? What is it, Jas-" Something came whistling by him then embedding intself into Drew's head. He was dead.

"Grounders!!" Jasper screamed, panic rose and everyone went running back to camp. 

With everyone inside, Finn began shouting. "Shut the gate! Shut the gate!" He demanded, Isaac helped get the gate closed. He got to a gunner's post with Bellamy and Clarke.

"Where are they?" Bellamy asked.

"They aren't attacking." Isaac pointed out.

Clarke shook her head, cussing under her breath. "We're doing exactly what they want us to do." Octavia came up on Bellamy's other side.

"What are you talking about?" Bellamy questioned, confused.

Clarke made her way to the middle of camp where Finn and Jasper were. "Lincoln said the scouts would be the first to arrive."

"If it's just scouts we can fight our way out." Octavia said. "That's what Lincoln would do." Isaac knew nothing about the grounder, or why Octavia had chosen him over his best friend but it had broken Diana's heart and that's exactly what he had worried about when Diana first got involved with the green eyed girl.

Bellamy shook his head. "We're done doing what that grounder would do." He told them. "We tried it and now Drew is dead. You want to be next.

"That grounder saved our lives." Finn told Bellamy. "I agree with Octavia. For all we know there's one scout out there."

Jasper scoffed. "One scout with insanely good aim."

Octavia took a deep breath. "Clarke we can still do this. We need to get Diana and Raven to the ocean. If she- If they don't make it."

Isaac's eyebrows furrowed together. "Leave her out of this."

Bellamy looked between the two, having no idea what the hell Isaac's problem was then he looked at Clarke. "We're waiting on you, Princess. What's it gonna be? Run and get picked off out in the open, or stand and fight back?"

"Clarke if we're still here when Tristen gets here..." He trailed off, Isaac was grateful for which, he wasn't sure if he wanted to know who Tristen was or what he would do when he got to their camp.

Before he could listen any longer he saw Diana standing, leaned up against the doorway of the dropship. "What're you doing?" He questioned loudly, rushing over to the girl.

She was pale, dark circles under her eyes, she was sweaty but cold to the touch. "Why are we still here?"

He grabbed her and made her get back into the dropship. "Scouts are here. We're staying to fight."

Diana tried to sit up only for Isaac to stop her.  "We'll be killed. We're outnumbered by-" She was cut off by violent coughing, blood pooled in her hand, dripping from her lips. "That's not good."

"Diana?" Bellamy called, entering the dropship seeing her very unstable state. "Oh my God." He grabbed a rag and squatted next to her, lifting her chin and wiping her lips clean. "Go get Clarke, Isaac." The boy stood and ran off to get Clarke. He cleaned her hand.

"Why are you helping me?" She questioned weakly.

He almost laughed. "You may have nearly killed me but believe it or not I care about you."

"Bellamy Blake, caring for the one thing that nearly left his little sister alone? Seems-" She was coughing again, more blood coming up. Cathcing her breath, tear she couldn't stop rolled down her face, Bellamy wiped it all away.

"Diana Kane, accepting help from the only thing that kept her from saving her mother? Seems what? Wrong?" He once again lifted her chin. They're eyes met, his were darker than her's, they were very pretty. How had she just noticed?

"Where is she?" Clarke questioned frantically.  Diana removed herself from Bellamy's grip, her mind running a hundred miles an hour.

"Here." Bellamy stood up and backed away, whishing they hadn't been interrupted.

She lifted Diana's shirt, her stomach was extended. "Dammit. She's bleeding internally."

"Clarke listen to me." Diana said. "You don't worry about me. You save our people, understand?"

"I'm not gonna let you die."

"Yes." Diana nodded. "You will. Your priority are these kids not me."

___

diana sacrificing herself for her people?
what a hero.
also bellamy almost facing his feeling for her... wow. surprised? I am :)
(:(:season two next:):)