Chapter 32 - Only One Can Remain

Chen's Ferry arrives at the island.

"Look at that." Cole breathed, looking up at the palace.

"Awesome." Kai chuckled.

"Let me see." Karlof shoved Kai so he could see.

"Do you mind?" Kai snapped.

"Welcome to Chen's Island." Clouse announced, keeping the fight from happening. "The Tournament of Elements welcomes its brave fighters."

"How is it we're on an island I've never seen on any map?" Kai asked.

"And how come the face to Ninjago's most popular noodle house is secretly assembling an underground fighting tournament?" Cole asked as well. Though neither expected an answer, Zane had them.

"From what I can gather in my database, Master Chen used to be an ally before he's became a traitor. During the Serpentine Wars, Chen turned against his own kind and sided with the Serpentine." Zane explained. "The Serpentine Wars is the battle that Garmadon and Sensei Wu fought in together. Chen used deception to divide the original Elemental Masters, who are our ancestors. They barely defeated the Serpentine, and in a deal for his surrender, Chen was to never leave this island."

"Whoa, and again I'm really happy we have a Nindroid on our team." Jay said.

"Well he may have divided our ancestors, but he's not gonna divide us." Kai decided. He noticed the girl in orange walking behind him. "Uh... ladies first." He pushed the Ninja aside letting her pass. "Fire will melt her icy heart. Just wait."

"This is a big island." Cole reminded them. "The kids could be anywhere. Keep an eye out."

The Elemental Masters arrived inside the palace and to the, evidently, main room. They sat in a circle at tables.

One of the thugs banged a gong and a gramophone plays music.

"All rise for Master Chen."

The Elemental Masters stood as a voice came from around them.

"Welcome to the Tournament of Elements. Now everyone can all di—" the door sudden closed and everyone gasped, "—rect your attention to me!" They all spun back to the throne where a man with a purple snake had laughed.

Chen laughed. "Never before have so many Elemental Fighters been under one roof. I see Master of Fire, Earth, Shadow, Speed, and Ice." He looked over the Masters then pointed to the gong. "This symbol before you is for the Anacondrai, fiercest Serpentine warrior to ever roam this land. Its creed: 'Only one can remain.'"

The gong moved aside, showing a bracket.

"Good, looks like we're each in our own bracket. We won't have to face each other for a while." Kai said, looking through the brackets. The only people they knew who they were against, was Jay was against Karlof. Lightning and Metal, great.

"We should find Lloyd and Lucy before that happens." Zane advised.

"Behold, a Jadeblade." Chen presented a green stone blade, a jade blade. "Here, it represents life. Obtain it, move on. Allow your opponent to take it, loser. The rules are simple. Every match will be different. No two fights will be the same. Your powers will keep you in the Tournament. Use it or lose it."

"Hm, what does Karlof win?" Karlof asked.

"Win and stay on the island. Win it all, and you'll receive fortunes beyond your wildest dreams, and lifetime supply of Master Chen noodles. But no one is here because of noodle. You want the glory of being the greatest fighter in all of Ninjago!" Chen declared. Everyone but the Ninja and the purple ombré hair girl cheered.