CHP 28

No words are capable of describing the consternation pricking at Jimin's skin as the sensation is boundless. His eyes are as wide as they can get, depicting a waning gibbous as the explosive scene at the door consumes all of his attention.

The fact that So-Young was seeing somebody else during his and Jeongguk's passionate tryst does a well enough job at shocking him but that in itself isn't what figuratively has him on his toes. He's seen the policeman livid before; hell, he's been on the receiving end of it. And so the fact that he can possibly appear even angrier, filled with amplified fury is an astonishing sight to behold.

Jimin jumps a second time as Jeongguk drives his fist into the wall yet once again. The thick consistency of crimson trickles down his curled hands, onto the floor beneath him in spaced dollops of red.

Officer Jung is trying his hardest to govern the man's outrage yet happens to fail as he's struck in the nose by Jeongguk's elbow and falls to the floor, cupping his new injury. However he doesn't seem phased by it. Doesn't bite back due to the unsolicited blow and rather blinks up at him, allowing the other officer to handle Officer Jeon's blazing entirety.

And the guilt Jimin is so well acquainted with proceeds to bubble over as he hugs his knees to his chest, unable to move. Whether or not So-Young was cheating prior to or after the fact is still unknown; however, he believes the answers to his questions will soon be answered as Jeongguk barrels out of Hoseok's office and down the hall, out of sight, most likely toward the interrogation room.

His cheeks are already ripe and raw and his eyes are still rounded by puffiness and red, yet that doesn't stop the emotions from building up in his chest, grouping up at the very core of his throat. He's staring foward as he presses his chin onto the apex of his knees, tugging on his bottom lip.

Hoseok grunts as he stands up from the floor, still cradling his nose. He retreats to his organized office desk and pulls a few tissues from a box, swadling his nostrils to prevent the blood from layering his lips.

And yet Jimin doesn't pay attention to anything happening around him. Instead he hones in on the distant yet vibrant shouting coming from none other than Jeongguk. Crashes and bangs follow in tow and with each resonating sound supplies yet another jolt to the teacher's body. He feels like a puppet stringed along by the unknown and invasive.

"I'm sorry, Jimin," Hoseok apologizes as he leans against his desk, still holding the bundled up tissue against his nose. "That other officer shouldn't have barged in like that, especially into my office like that when everyone here knows I'm dealing with a patient. He should have waited," he continues and his voice is rather nasally in the midst of his explanation.

Jimin doesn't say anything and simply nods his head once in but a whisper. Quite honestly his plate is full and having no choice but to indulge in another voice while there's already one at work in his head is taxing enough as is. Not only is he now drowning in the throes of his own sexual assault but the sudden revelation of So-Young's supposed cheating.

He just wants to go home now - not that he really even knows what home is at this point. It used to be life before that first terrifying text. It used to be pulling all nighters to grade papers, drinking way too much coffee and teaching. He misses his students dearly. He misses his old life. But it also pains him to believe that if he hadn't been sent such a text, he wouldn't have really gotten as close to Jeongguk as he has.

They've shared the lot, extending from mere bickering over why coffee is better than hot chocolate and vice versa, all the way to loss of those who are close and if not as much, simply near. It's a bittersweet feeling but unfortunately and with a given, the bitterness is overpowering.