XIV

Karysn Sekai Miller.

"I been going through some changes with myself. Bad decisions got me questioning myself." - Queen Naija

Balancing my head on my hand, I closed my eyes as the professor rambled on. I hadn't even realized that I'd dozed off until my head fell and my eyes shot open. I glanced around the class to make sure no one had saw but to no avail, when my eyes landed on Ryder, he was shaking his head and laughing. I managed to hold in my giggles and turned to pay attention to the PowerPoint.

I was exhausted, a few weeks had passed since I'd moved into my place but I was still adjusting to being on my own. I swear it seemed like every time I tried to go to sleep, I heard footsteps coming down the hall. So my paranoia led to many sleepless nights.

As soon as I heard, "that's it for today" I gathered my things and hurried out of the classroom.

I had plans to stretch out across my couch and work on my portfolio for the rest of the day. I was currently on the hunt for a good interior design program and I knew that in order for me to be accepted, I needed to have a fire ass portfolio.

I sat in my car for a few minutes, scrolling through social media. A post by one of Dimitri's friends let me know that what Karter said had some truth in it. I read through the comments, somewhat glad to see that people were defending me. At first I didn't care about the allegations but it was starting to bother me. If you knew me, you knew that I loved Dimitri and vice versa. I had no reason to set him up, especially not for monetary reasons. If there was anything I ever wanted, Dimitri would give it to me with no hesitation.

I heard tapping on my window, Ryder was standing there, a smirk graced his face.

I rolled down the window. "Can I help you sir?"

"First, you can start by getting more sleep at night." He teased. "You was off ya game today, usually you're all in tune, participating and shit. Wassup with you?"

"Glad to see that you are payin' attention to me." Sarcasm dripped from my tone.

"Shit, what can I say? Ive noticed a lot about you but that's neither here nor there."

That piqued my interest. "Actually it is. What have you noticed about me? Don't act like you have me all figured out Ryder, because you don't."

That had came out wrong. I didn't mean to sound so snappy

His tongue slid across his top lip and I could see him debating with himself. "I was just checkin' on you Karsyn. Have a nice night." He turned to walk away.

I had every intentions on stopping him but when I opened my mouth to call his name, nothing came out.

"Shit." I cursed. Forgetting about my plans, I sent Genesis a quick text, asking her if she wanted to meet up at this lounge near my house for a little night out. I was harboring so much inside, I was ready to let loose for a few hours.

Losin' Control by Russ filled the streets as I drove through the city. Deciding to take the doors off my Jeep, the night air caused chill bumps to rise on my exposed thighs but I didn't mind, my hair blowing in the wind made me feel free in a sense. Spotting the words LUXE in a distance, I slowed down so I wouldn't miss the turn. As I eased into the parking lot, I was surprised that it was so packed. I found a spot on the side which wasn't too far from Genesis car and backed in before killing the engine. While checking my face in the mirror, I called Genesis who replied with a text instead. Hopping out of the car, I pulled my dress down and reached for my purse. Walking inside of what I assumed was a laidback lounge, I was quite impressed with the decor but I definitely got club vibes instead of what was advertised.