Let It Burn (XOVER)

Anastasia Romanov moved to Chicago years ago, with the blessing of her Professor. At first, Charles was hesitant since she was just as powerful as Jean before she died, but noticed that Ana had more control than the Phoenix did.

Professor Xavier just hoped that it would remain that way, Ana was special.

When Ana first moved to Chicago, her neighborhood noticed the russian accent, not really dwelling on it though. They noticed that Ana was a mutant, but saw that she never used her power to hurt people. That and they've seen X-Men come over to hangout for a while. 

So, her neighbors were confident that she was good, but still a little scared of her.

Ana woke up from her nap to hear yelling and sirens going on outside, when she looked out the window she noticed the crack house across the street from her was on fire. Not to mention that her neighbors blocked the road.

So Ana did what she did best, reign in her neighbors. She rushed out of her house and over to the mob by what was said to be Truck 81, "Hey! Move the cars!" Near by firefighters gave her an appreciative look.

"No, Ana, we want it gone!"

"Let it burn!"

"Enough!" The neighbors went silent when they saw the hint of red in her eyes, "If you won't move them, I will." Her neighbors had never seen her use her powers to this extent, to be honest they were curious to see just how powerful she was.

Chief Boden set a hand on her shoulder, "Miss? Please step aside."

Ana pulled back from him, "No offense, but I'm pretty sure your way of moving these cars will wreck them." The mutant walked to the cars, her eyes lighting up, causing the firefighters to back away slightly. 

She flexed her hands, red chaos magic wrapping around them and the cars. Ana clenched her jaw as the vehicles moved upwards, her body being levitated with them. With the height aspect, she saw the other side blocked as well, she concentrated hard and lifted those as well. 

The firefighters around her looked on in shock as the neighbors looked disappointed when the firefighters rushed to the crack house with their trucks

The firefighters around her looked on in shock as the neighbors looked disappointed when the firefighters rushed to the crack house with their trucks. Ana slowly and gently set the cars on the side of the road, putting them in their respective spots.

When she finished, Ana heard a firefighter yell that there was someone inside. Ana rushed over, dodging a firefighter and rushing inside the building. Boden looked on with a grim face when the smoke turned black, "No one goes inside!"

The neighbors started to yell again. 

"Get Ana!"

"Save her!"

Everyone abruptly stopped yelling when a blast of red chaos magic shot out of the windows, fading away while twinkling in the sunlight. Ana levitated herself down from the second floor, a man's burnt body right behind her.

She held her hand up when some firefighters tried to take him, "I got it, stand back." Ana slowly hovered her hands over the man's torso, her magic falling from her hands and seeping into his chest. The firefighters and neighbors looking on as the man's burns start to fade.

"He should be okay," Ana stood and made her way to her house, passing the firefighters. When some of the firefighters went to go talk to her, her neighbors blocked them. Ana looked over and saw someone staring at her, it was Cruz. 

The mutant's eyes flashed, her magic losing control as she stared into his eyes. Ana turned away in a panic, holding her head as voices started screaming inside. She whimpered, one neighbor, Sara, coming up behind her and rubbing her back. "It's okay, Ana."

'Charles,' she sent.

'Ana, what's wrong?' Relief flooded her when the british voice sounded.

'I'm losing control.'

'I'm on my way.'

With hearing that, Ana sat on her porch while her neighbors sat on the curb in front. She loved them, but they could be so protective. The firefighters were double checking to make sure the fire was out and check to see how it was started. 

About an hour later, she could hear the jet coming to a stop while it hovered down the street. The firefighters pausing and watching as her neighbors allowed them through and up to her. It was the Professor and Logan, Ana jumped up and crushed Logan into a hug.

The Wolverine wrapped her up, "You okay, kid?"

Ana pulled back, but kept holding his hand. "I'm losing control, I'm not okay."

Charles rested a hand on her arm, the old man giving her a reassuring smile. "Maybe it's time to come back to the school."

Scarlet Witch shook her head, "No, I can't. If I'm losing control, I won't put the students in danger."

The Professor scanned the minds of those around him, "The people in your neighborhood, they care about you. The firefighters are thankful, but wary. Don't put them in danger as well, at least at the school we can keep an eye on you."

"I'll think about it," Ana hugged Logan's arm before squeezing Charles' shoulder, "Thanks for coming."

Logan kissed her head, "Anytime, little one."

<><><>

A couple days later, a Chief and two Lieutenants walked up the stairs and to the front door of Anastasia Romanov's home. They wanted to thank her and see if she'll help with 'slow response' issue.

The Chief knocked, they stood for a few minutes before the door opened. Logan looked the men up and down, he had stayed behind to keep an eye on Ana. "Can I help you?"

Matt Casey nodded, "Yes, does an Ana live here?"

Logan frowned a little, "No." 

"We just want to talk to her for a second," Kelly Severide popped in, "we need her help."

Red magic wrapped around Logan, he sighed and braced himself. Ana flew him up the stairs and put him in his room, the door slamming and locking him in. She turned the corner and smiled to the tense firefighters, "Sorry about him, he's protective."

Chief Boden stuck his hand out, "My name is Wallace Boden, Chief of Firehouse 51. These are Lieutenants Kelly Severide and Matt Casey, we wanted to talk to you about the crack house fire."

Ana shook their hands and nodded inside, "Sure, come in." The men walked inside and moved to her living room, they noticed that most of the books on her bookshelf were in different languages, mostly russian. "Would any of you like a drink?"

Boden thought about turning it down, but noticed how dry his mouth was. "Water, please."

Matt and Severide had a conversation with their eyes before the former spoke, "Us too, if you don't mind."

"No problem," instead of her going to the kitchen like they expected, her eyes lit up and magic wrapped around her hands. Bottled waters coming into the room and landing in front of the firefighters. "What can I help you three with?" They had just noticed that she was now holding a bottle of vodka.

"Firehouse 51 is under investigation since your neighbors said that we had a slow response time," Ana made a face when Boden finished talking.

"I can't help you," her response made them a little angry and sad.

Severide couldn't help himself, "Why not?"

Ana looked somber, "They won't believe me, I'm a mutant." She gave them a sad smile, "I'll look around for some proof, but they won't trust my word."

"Come by the firehouse anytime."

<><><>