Chapter 18: Back at the Palace Walls

A month had passed since everything. Since Rosie had gotten admitted to the hospital, since Jimin had told Jennie about everything, since Taehyung had walked Jennie to class in front of everyone despite being notorious of rejecting anybody, Since Seokjin had admitted everything to Jisoo under the rain.

A month had passed and everyone could feel the difference it had made.

The walls were thick. Thick, hard, polished and beautiful and yet it did not hinder the students from gossiping about the things that were happening amongst La Tremoille's Prestigious Students.

In the vast cafeteria dining hall, students were seated with their friends, others in long lines getting their lunch, and some indulging in their books and studies.

Everyone had different outfits. Some were wearing the school uniform and some wearing their uniforms for their extra curricular subjects and sports.

Seated in the middle of the dining room, Jennie Kim in all of glory was seated wearing her school uniform, precisely her House Uniform.

Students who went to La Tremoílle were divided into 4 houses based on their professions and personalities.

They also had head girls and boys who were usually announced as elites of the batch as well. (Read more about it in the La Tremoille Chapter)

Sitting on the wooden oak bench of the cafeteria table, flipping back and fort through her magazines and her fashion critique notes, she sighed in exhaustion and closed her work, deciding to eat lunch since she suddenly felt hungry.

Closing her eyes and massaging the space in the middle of her forehead, she was stressing over her assessments at the moment because she wanted it to be as perfect as possible, but it didn't really help with her busy schedule, the extra curricular were piling on top of one another.

Opening her eyes once more, she finally went up and got her food. After getting some truffle pasta and peach fruit tea, she had gone back to her seat and did not look up again, she was too tired to care about what people thought of the mess she looked like, even though she looked far from one.

Looking up, she saw the girls who were seated at the seats in front and at the side to that of her table suddenly were all looking at the same direction. Their whispers were getting louder by the second.

Jennie was too tired to care anyway, she wanted to get some sleep, because she didn't think going to the academy would be this stressful and yet fulfilling.

She also noticed how within a 100 meter radius, she was the only girl from the Emerald House. She was fully surrounded by people from the Golden and Obsidian house, and she wanted to leave as soon as possible.

She didn't really complain about being the only one since in her own opinion, the Emerald House had the best uniform design anyway. But she didn't like big crowds these days.

"I like you!"
"Please accept my confession"
"I've been longing for you!"

Continuous remarks similar to those kept repeating in Jennie's ears and she didn't know wether to block her ears from hearing them or just leaving.

Suddenly, a presence had gone in front of her and sat on the seat facing her. Gasps and whisper suddenly started, more furiously this time, and when she looked up, He was staring right at her.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, she didn't know if she was happy or bewildered that he was sitting with her.

"Sitting" He responds back, the playfulness was still present thought so slightly, the underlying cold tone would've made anyone be embarrassed and leave but she knew him a lot. Too much.