Year 6-8 | Christmas Party

(Outfit Reference!)

(Outfit Reference!)

I walked down the empty corridors leading to Professor Slughorn's Christmas party, stopping in the middle of it where Harry had told me to meet him. The dress was slightly tight, but I quite liked it. It was different from all the other dresses I've worn in the past.

I turned around at the sound of footsteps approaching me. At the end of the hallway, Harry walked towards me with a big smile on his face. His eyes lit up when he saw me as so did mine.

"You're so beautiful, you know that?" Harry said coming up beside me.

"I wouldn't mind a constant reminder," I replied wrapping my arm around his. We walked down the corridors, the sound of our footsteps echoing. From the ceiling, bright orange, circular lamps hung down. It sort of reminded me of Halloween rather than Christmas.

"Orange lamps for Christmas, quite odd
don't you think?" I said as the two of us made our way down the corridors and to Slughorn's party.

"Yeah, you never know what goes on inside his head,"

"How's your plan going with trying to become friends with Professor Slughorn?"

"Decently well I guess,"

"If I were you, I'd spend time with him just like how you spend time with Hagrid,"

"But I'd rather spend those times with you,"

I smiled, feeling my face heat up. The feelings I had for this boy was insane, like I never imagined before. Is this what Fleur felt like when she first met Bill?

Chatters from inside the party could be clearly heard just outside the door. Harry opened the door holding it open for me before grabbing my hand once again.

"Ah, Evelyn and Harry!" Professor Slughorn greeted us almost immediately as we stepped inside. He pulled us towards him, Harry on one side and me on the other. Before I could realize or react to anything, there was a flash of the camera followed with laughter.

"Have fun, have fun," Professor Slughorn said walking away. All he wanted to do was snap a quick photo.

"Drink?" Just as Professor Slughorn walked away, Neville walked towards Harry and I carrying a trey of drinks. I wasn't expecting him to be a waiter at the party since he was present at Slughorn's dinner party. Besides, he's talented in herbology.

"Neville?" Harry called out also looking confused.

"I didn't get into the slug club. It's okay though!" He stuttered.