38 - Betrayal

I looked around to see if anyone was there. Nobody was a witness. I looked at where Jschlatt was, and he was long gone. I dropped against the wall I was against, and my crossbow dropped next to me. I looked back every now and then, but nobody was there.

Where could they have gone?

I walked over to the area to see tons of Jschlatt's things on the ground, and an arrow lodged in between two stone bricks on the wall. I took out the arrow and looked at it closely. Engraved was the word Quackity. I saw a purple and black shadow run behind the trees, so I dropped the arrow and ran towards the forest.

I stumbled upon Quackity, who was ducking behind a rock. I walked up slowly and put my hands up, as a way of showing that I came in peace.

"What do you want?" Quackity asked.

"I heard noises from over here, just wanted to check it out. Are you... okay?" I asked, inching closer towards him little by little.

"I'm just... so done with Schlatt. He wants to take down the White House because it looks bad, and I said i wasn't going to help him. He pushes me around like I don't matter, and I'm just sick of it..." Quackity said, sighing between each thought.

I lowered my hands and sat next to him.

"You did a lot of crazy shit to me, Quackity. But I want to give you a chance. I know you're a good guy, and you can help us."

"Us?"

"Tommy, Wilbur, and I."

I put down my sword next to me, and let my head hit the grass softly. Quackity did the same.

"Why do you even give me another chance?"

"I know how much Manburg matters to you. I know that you're having issues with Jschlatt. I was thinking you can join us, and help us out with taking back L'manburg. You in?"

Silence filled the cold air. I shivered at the slowly dropping temperatures. I stood up, and Quackity managed to rearrange his words.

"I'm in. If I do anything wrong, you have all the right to kill me." Quackity shakily responded. I smiled and held out my hand. He happily grabbed it, and I led him to Pogtopia.

"Tommy?" I called out, my voice echoing the caves.

"Y/N? I've been worried sick, where have you-" Tommy stopped in his tracks at the sight of Quackity, and he spawned in his sword. I ran over and gave him a hug, and whispered to him;

"He's safe, I promise."

"But y/n, he-"

"I know. I know. He said that we can kill him if he does anything wrong."

Tommy's held breath slowly left his mouth, and he put his sword back where it was.

Quackity walked down the steps slowly, and greeted Tommy. Tommy gave him side eye every once in a while, but I reassured him that he was not going to do anything.

"By the way, where's Wilbur?"

"I don't know, he said something about your book and a room." Tommy said.

My smile dropped instantly, and I gave Tommy the signal to stay inside. I ran out, and straight towards the docks. I dove into the water, and looked for a hole. I found the hole, but it was already opened. I always kept it shut.

I dove down into said hole, and climbed down the ladders quickly. I made it to the bottom, and was greeted by a tall man, staring at the room.

"Wilbur-"

"Y/N, care to explain?"

My breath started becoming shaky, my legs twitched every now and then, and my chest felt heavy.

"You can't be down here-"

"You shouldn't have made this, y/n."

Wilbur grabbed the book that was on the pedestal, and ripped it in half.

"WHAT THE FUCK WILBUR?"

"That shouldn't exist."

"THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU BREAK IT IN HALF!" I shot towards Wilbur, grabbing all the papers that were already broken.

"Y/N, how could you possibly make a book about all our secrets?"

"THOSE WERE MY SECRETS. NOT YOURS."

"They were state secrets."

"THAT WERE MY RESPONSIBILITY?"

"IT DOESNT MATTER ANYWAYS. YOU MADE IT EXIST, Y/N. GOD KNOWS WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF THAT LANDED IN THE WRONG HANDS."

I stayed on the floor, and let a couple tears fall down my cheeks. I hated being screamed at. Especially by Wilbur. His voice always boomed louder than mine, his words were always stronger than mine. It was just a terrible, terrible feeling.

Wilbur walked over to the ladder, and started climbing up. I stayed silent on the floor, tears slowly trickling down my cheeks.

The book wasn't just state secrets. It was my diary. Everything that happened in my day, I wrote in that book. The day Tommy and I made a star. The day I made flower crowns for everyone. The day I won a duel against Dream. Most importantly,

the day Tommy kissed me. The day I knew I liked him.

It wasn't just secrets, it was the way I got friendships to work. Everyone's interests, hobbies, favorite colors, how I met them. Everything I needed to stay like-able. In the same book that laid destroyed on the ground.

I threw the papers I picked up against the wall in rage. I wasn't sad, but I wasn't mad. I didn't know how to feel.

The book contributes nothing to anything. All it did was make me feel better about my friendships. My relationships. My understanding about the world.

I walked over to the ladder and climbed up. I made it to the top, dove into the water, and covered the hole in sand once again. I started my walk back to Pogtopia.

I made it back to Wilbur and Quackity in the middle of a fight.

"What the fuck is going on?" I said, running down the steps at this point.

"You let him in, didn't you?"

"He's safe, Wilbur."

"Safe? SAFE?"

"Did I fucking stutter? Yes, he's safe, he said that if he did anything bad, we could kill him." I said, Wilbur lowering his shoulders at my message.

"So stop acting like he did something bad." I said, and Wilbur put his sword and crossbow back into his inventory.

I made it back to my room, and threw myself on my chair. I took out my armor, weapons, and potions from my inventory. My phone slipped out of my pocket as I threw my last arrow in my chest. I was getting a call.

Incoming call from: dré:)

"Hello?"

"Y/N! I'm dueling Techno tomorrow, wanna come watch?"