Chapter Thirty-Three

Leaning up against the locker, Ember stared up at Adonis who stood in front of her. Their eyes were locked as they conversed. Ember's hair was pulled back into a ponytail, showing off her chunky baby face. Her brown skin was glowing, and her eyes were filled with love. Her dark blue dress hugged her curves and showed the small bump in her stomach.

The secret was out, so she did not feel the need to hide it anymore. The only person that had no clue about it was her father because he was never home anymore. She was surprised that her mother had not said anything to him yet. Ember was hoping that her mother would not say anything until she was ready to tell him. She never thought that she would be ready though.

"Are you coming to the volleyball game tonight?" Ember asked. This morning, Ember informed her coach about her pregnancy, so she quit the team. Regardless, Ember wanted to show her support to the girls. That was the least she could do.

Adonis sighed, "I got to hit the gym."

"That sucks." Ember pouted.

Adonis wrapped an arm around her, pulling her closer, and pecking her lips, "I can end it early and come if you want me too."

Adonis had been training for weeks, every single day after school. His new home was at the gym and it showed. His body was nice and fit, and those muscles poked through his shirt. It would not hurt to take a night off for once. His father seemed to be drained every night as well. The look in his eyes had Adonis a little worried. He felt that his father was probably sick and not saying anything about it. His weight was dropping, and he did not have much energy. Adonis noticed a few days ago when they were alone at the gym. He made a mental note to talk to his father about his health and maybe going to get some checkups at their family doctor.

"Please? If not, I understand." Ember says sadly.

"Don't do that, Em." Adonis tells her. She had become so emotional, that she would find herself crying for absolutely no reason at all. She just wanted to be under him every second of the day. Adonis never complained, he just always tried to comfort her to make her feel better.

"I'm sorry." She says while resting her head on his chest.

Adonis kisses her forehead, his eyes traveling around the empty hall. Everyone was at first lunch right now, and they were on their way inside to sit at the table with Malik and Trevor. Ember wanted needed to talk to Adonis in private about his mother's offer. He still had not talked to her yet because she was never home. Adonis figured that she was just avoiding him because she knew what she did was wrong.

Ember promised him that she would not take it because that would go against her beliefs. They had made their decision, and they were keeping their child regardless of how their parents felt.

"Come on, let's go eat. I can hear your stomach growling." Adonis teased.

Ember giggles, "Whatever."

He intertwined his fingers with hers as they walked towards the cafeteria. While pulling the door open, Namiko was coming out with Tyrell behind her. Ember watched as Namiko's eyes roamed her stomach before they met with hers.

There was something in Namiko's eyes, yet Ember could not tell what it was. They didn't give one another a cold look. In fact, they each wanted to say something but did not know how. Namiko opened her mouth, but Tyrell stepped around them, purposely and harshly bumping into Ember. She almost lost her balance, but Adonis caught her refusing to let her fall.

Once Ember was stable, Adonis let his anger get the best of him and pushed Tyrell to the wall.

"Nigga you better watch where you going. What the fuck is your problem?" Adonis snapped.