D R U G

I was sound asleep till the sound of glass shattering woke me up, I shot up from my bed dripping of sweat

I was sound asleep till the sound of glass shattering woke me up, I shot up from my bed dripping of sweat. I wiped my forehead while standing up, I followed the sound of glass breaking.

I tipped toed carefully and quietly, I walked down the stairs to the hallway where Nathaniel's office is at. The door was cracked open just a little, the lights were turned on and the sound of even more glass breaking made my heart jump. I opened the door more so I could see what was going on, the sight in front of me broke my heart.

Donovan swung the golf club hitting the photo frames displayed on the desk causing the glass to shatter all across the wooden floor. He then swung it against the computer breaking it into a million of pieces. His eyes then found mine, his green eyes were super dilated, he was sweating and his whole chest was red. His bare torso was showing, his button shirt somehow unbuttoned.

That's when I seen the needle marks between his wrist and upper arm. He dropped the gulf club and started using his fist, he punched the glass cabinet that contained alcohol, he throw it all over the floor.

"Stop it." I shouted.

He wasn't listening to anything I had to say, he was so high off whatever drug he's taking. He grabbed the only bottle of alcohol that survived his wrath, he almost took a huge gulp of it till I grabbed ahold of his wrist, stopping him from mixing alcohol and drugs together.

"Are you crazy? You're fucking high off drugs and you want to mix alcohol into that equation." I said, angrily while pouring the liquid into the trash bin.

Donovan fell on the floor, he brought his knees up to his chest. The sight itself made me feel bad, I slowly bent down to his level. I placed my hand over his knee, his eyes fluttered to mine.

"They haunt me." Donavon whispers, his eyes were bloodshot red.

"Donovan, it's the drug-"

"She was only 8, she was a child. Nathaniel told me there couldn't be any witnesses so I took her life." Donovan cries.

"I can't even look at my little sister because then I see that little girl."

I didn't realize I was crying till I felt the wetness of my tears trailing down my cheeks. He started banging his fist hard on his head, he was a sobbing mess. I grabbed his arm and forced him to look at me.

"Your brother made you, you didn't have a choice." I said.

"That doesn't mean shit, I still fucking did it. She's dead because of me, it's all my fault." Donovan screams.

He leaned his head against my chest, I grabbed onto his shoulders trying to give him some type of comfort. I traced soft circles on his back as he cried softly into my arm. He smelt like pure alcohol and cigarettes. We sat there for a couple more minutes till I manage to get him up, he placed his arm across my neck so he could balance on me.

We walked up the stairs, I pulled him into my room and dropped him on my bed. I made sure to cover him with my blanket and remove his shoes.

Did Nathaniel not know that his brother was using drugs or does he just not care?

I turned on the light in the kitchen before I filled a cup up with water and grabbed a trash bag just in case he throws up. As I was walking back to my room I felt someone grasp my wrist, I turned around to see Jennifer rubbing her sleepy eyes.

"Where is he?" She asks.

"In my room sleeping." I said.

"Is he high?"

I didn't want to tell her exactly, I've never dealt with drugs, my family has never dealt with drugs either. She seemed pretty casual about it, does he do this that often.

"I saw needle marks on the back of his arm." My voice was low.

She pulled her hand back to her side, she shut her eyes for a couple seconds before reopening them. Her eyes were watery and her mouth was quivering just a little.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled.

Jennifer laughs dryly.

"No you're not, they kidnapped you. You probably want them both dead." Her eyes focused on the hallway behind me where my door to my room was at.

"You can sleep in my room, I'll take your room." Jennifer whispers.

Before she could continue to walk away I stopped her. "You must really love him." I said.

"He's the closest thing I have to a brother."

I handed her the trash bag and cup that I was bringing for Donovan.

"He loves you a lot too, I could tell how much you mean to him and I am sorry."

She nods her head before walking away, I watched her enter my room. I turned back around to walk to her room when I got there I immediately noticed the picture frames she had. It wasn't any of my business but I wanted to look at them.

I found a picture of a man and her, she was way younger in the picture and they were hugging by the beach. That must be her dad, they looked kinda similar, I stared at his green eyes which were a lot like mine. He looked so familiar like I've seen him before.

Then I found a picture of a little boy, he looked just like Jennifer. Was this her kid?

After a few seconds looking at the picture I finally laid in bed, I pulled the warm sheets over my body.

••
Instagram: @ sexsationel
Twitter: @ sexsationella

news: I have a new book out, The Heat is now available on my second account ellasexsation