Chapter 15 : The Glowing Air

Invisible Moon

Chapter 15

The Glowing Air

"Even the air can have its own glow."

#WINisWIND

I was nervous as I walked out of my dorm this morning. It was my first time doing my own hair and makeup. Luckily my new haircut - done by the UNISTAR hairstylist - was easy to manage, so all I needed to do was just apply a bit of hair gel and it already looks good.

Since P'In had done my makeup yesterday, I simply followed what he did. I spent almost an hour on my face and the result seemed acceptable. At least I looked much better than usual.

At first, I was a bit shy walking through the campus. I was used to being ignored and unnoticed, like the air flowing, invisible. It felt awkward when everyone was looking at me as if I suddenly emitted a bright light around me. I wasn't used to this kind of attention.

I was a little uncomfortable because many students were pointing at me and squealing away.

"Hey! Who is that boy? So cute!"

"He must be a Cute Boy! Do you know his name?"

"I've never seen him before, but he's very cute. I can't believe I've never noticed him before!"

"OMG! Who is he? Which faculty is he from?"

At first, I was planning to keep my eyes down and quickly walk away, however, I was reminded of my determination before I got to university. I had intended to change myself, now that the chance was here, I should take it in stride.

I took a deep breath, trying to be brave, and smiled at that group of students.

Suddenly...

"Ahhh!"

They were all screaming and rushing towards me. I froze, shocked.

If I had known that it was going to be like this, I wouldn't smile at them. Seriously!

"What's your name? Which faculty?"

"You're so cute! May I take a photo with you?"

I was surrounded by the students who were talking and taking a photo with me. I forced a smile but couldn't let any word out. All the words seemed stuck in my throat. It was difficult to get used to being in the centre of attention like this, I had no idea how to reject them politely.

Eventually, I managed to arrive at my faculty building. Apparently, I was half an hour late.

On usual days, being late for a class wasn't a big deal for an invisible person like me. Nobody even noticed when I got in the classroom. However, I forgot that today was different.

As soon as I went in, everyone including the teacher turned to me.

"I...I apologise for being late." I raised my hands to pay respect and apologise to the teacher.

My classmates looked confused.

"Who's that? A freshman?"

"Wait...I haven't seen him before."

"Is he just coming today?"

"Wow! He's so attractive!"

"Do we have such a cute classmate?"