4. Hard day

"Okay, I'm here. Gotta go. Love you, honey" Hoseok said, tilting his head to hold his phone with his ear and shoulder so that he could take out the spare key to Jungkook's house from his pocket. "Okay, baby. Bye. Love you. Come back soon" his boyfriend said. 

"You come here instead, Yoongs. We can all have a night out or something. He sounded really upset when he called me in the afternoon. Moreover, Seokjin is finally bringing his boyfriend" Hoseok said, struggling to open the door. 

"Hmm. I'll think about it. You go. Bye" Yoongi said. "Okay. Bye, love" Hoseok said and hung up. 

He finally opened the door, only to be met by a flying carrot. He luckily dodged it in time to avoid a bump on his forehead. "The hell??" he yelled at Jungkook, who stood at the entrance of the kitchen with a glare fixed on his face.

"It is not fucking funny, you asshole!!" Jungkook yelled, reaching out to pick another carrot from the counter and throwing it at Hoseok. Hoseok dodged it again with a "WHAT IS NOT FUCKING FUNNY??" "THIS!!" Jungkook yelled, scooping all of the carrots into his hand and throwing them to the floor harshly.

"What th- Oh?! What's on those carrots?" Hoseok asked. "You tell me!! YOU TELL ME!!" Jungkook yelled, his face reddening alarmingly with every word. Hoseok bent down to pick up the two carrots that Jungkook had hurled at him. 

One of them had 'asshole' and the other had 'jackbutt' carved into them. Hoseok's eyes widened. He hurried to see what was on the other carrots. 

While a few of them had worse curse words, some had words that people kept limited to their lovers. Some of them had faces carved into them. While some of them looked cute, some of them looked really offensive. 

"I-I....they weren't like this when I bought them, Kook. I swear" Hoseok said immediately, knowing Jungkook didn't like stuff like this. Some of them were really offensive, after all. "Uhuh? Then did the next door neighbour do this?" Jungkook asked, his nostrils flaring dangerously. 

"I-I dunno, Kook. I really don't. I did not do thi-" "You said you bought milk, right?" Jungkook asked, flopping onto the couch. "Yeah. What happened to that?" Hoseok asked, throwing the carrots and the wine onto the kitchen counter and flopping onto the other couch. 

Jungkook shrugged, still pretty pissed about the words on the carrots. "It isn't there" he said. Hoseok raised an eyebrow. "Do you think your neighbours are doing this?" he asked. "Shut up. Both you and I know how noble they are. They are too old to do this, anyway" Jungkook said. 

"Yeahh. That Halmeoni is really sweet. There is no way they would have done this. So who coul-" Hoseok was cut off by the doorbell and a scream from Seokjin. "What happened?!?!??!" Jungkook yelled as he ran to open the door. 

He was met by an extremely disgusted Seokjin and an extremely hot and dimpled guy beside him, who was trying his best not to burst out laughing at Seokjin. "Wha-" "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!?!?!" Seokjin screamed at Jungkook, making him jump a foot into the air. 

"Jinnie, calm down. He is your boss" the dimpled guy said. "My foot, he is my boss. Is this how yo-" "WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?!" Jungkook roared. He was soo pissed about everything that he wasn't in a state to take any jokes. 

"There was honey on your door handle" Seokjin said, slightly taken aback by Jungkook's sudden outburst. "What?!" Jungkook asked incredulously. "Honey" Seokjin said, showing his palm to Jungkook and Hoseok. 

Jungkook's eye twitched. He had a really hard day already. 

First, his employees, who thought that he was lenient enough to accept the shitty, half-assed ideas that they made up five minutes before the meeting. 

Second, his grandfather made him go through an extremely boring one-hour meeting with an old geezer from the Haedson Company. The old man wasn't even the CEO. He was the CEO's father. 

Apparently, the two of them had been really close friends. They were still close, but didn't talk to each other much because of a few reasons that Jungkook's grandfather wasn't ready to share with him yet. 

Third, he had the worst idea to clean his cupboard, which resulted in him coming across a really old picture of his once happy family. 

He spent an hour after that, frowning about the fact that he didn't get to see his mother or his older brother even once in around seventeen years. He didn't even know if the two of them were still alive. His father left the house and the company's responsibilities after his mother divorced him and won the child custody over his older brother. 

He had lived with his grandparents since he was four, thanks to his parents' divorce. They constantly told him that he had an older brother. But he didn't remember anything about him. He didn't remember his mother either. He only knew them from the old albums in his grandparents' mansion. 

He tried asking them about his mother, but they never talked about her. It was as if she never existed. So he snuck into the room that had all the albums and stole a photo that had all of them. Every time he looked at it, he felt horrible for all the times he spent craving a mother's comfort or a brother's love. 

After a few years, he threw the photo into a corner of his cupboard as he no longer wanted to feel bad about stuff that he didn't have. He didn't have the time either. Thanks to his father, his grandfather had to take back the company. As he was growing old, he made Jungkook take over the company four months after he turned twenty one. 

Seven months ago.

He moved out of his grandparents' mansion the day he turned eighteen, and tried to live a normal life during his college days. He liked this cranky apartment life more than the luxurious mansion life with fifty other maids moving around all the time. 

Thus, even after he took over the company, he didn't move out of the apartment. He decided that he would go back to his grandparents' mansion after he got married. 

That was another thing that he had made clear to his grandfather. He was gay. He wasn't going to marry a girl. He wasn't in love with anyone, either. So he had no problem with his grandfather selecting someone for him, as long as he didn't choose a girl. 

Anyways, after a really hard day, he came back home, seeking the comfort of carrots, milk and his couch, only to find sick curse words and funny, offensive faces carved into them. His milk wasn't even there. 

He wanted to dig into the matter and find out who was playing these sick tricks on him, but he was too pissed and tired to do it. So he just ground his teeth and fisted his hand as he stared at the honey on his door handle and Seokjin's hand. 

"Okay, okay. Let's just go inside and clean ourselves. We can clean this later. I am Kim Namjoon, by the way. Nice to meet you, Mr. Jeon" Namjoon said, extending his hand and trying to break Jungkook's anger down a bit. 

Jungkook sighed and shook Namjoon's hand. 

"So you are that lawyer boyfriend that hyung keeps talking about! Nice to meet you too, hyung! You can call me Jungkook" he said, moving aside to let the two Kims in. 

***********************

_finite_infinity_ 

Honey on the handle idea by my dear coujinnie :D