Public Enemy

Chapter 11-Public Enemy

*This chapter lowkey sucks btw, so yeah*

(Zen Garden)

Connor opened his eyes and found himself in the garden once again. He spotted Amanda sitting in a boat on a lake surrounded by a patio in the middle of the garden.

"Hello Connor." She greeted. "I though you'd enjoy a little cruise.. "She gestured him to enter. Carefully, he stepped in and sat down, pushing the boat off the dock, and began rowing slowly.

"I love this place." Amanda said, looking around. "Everything is so calm and peaceful...Far from the noise of the world..." She turned to Connor. "Tell me what you've discovered."

Connor stopped rowing, and folded his hands.

"I found two deviants at the Eden club... I hoped to learn something, but...they managed to escape."

"That's too bad, you seemed so close to stopping them." Amanda said, disappointment painted across her face.

Connor grabbed the paddles again, and started rowing.

"You seem...lost, Connor." She tilted her head, " Lost, and perturbed."

"I thought I knew what I had to do

"I thought I knew what I had to do...But now I realized its not that simple..."

"You had your gun trained on those deviants at the Eden Club." Amanda said. "Why didn't you shoot?"

He looked down once again

He looked down once again. "I don't know..." He shook his head lightly," I don't know."

They both paused for a moment.

"If your investigation doesn't make progress soon, I may have to replace you Connor." Amanda said.

"I know, I will succeed."

Suddenly, a sound similar to Thunder could be heard, "Something's happening... Something serious.." She looked at Connor. "Hurry Connor. Time is running out."
____________________________________
"Connor." Connor opened his eyes, when someone poked his shoulder. He turned and saw it was Y/N.