Ep 41. Moving Forward.

🎶. I like me better

 I like me better

| A U T H O R |

"We're going to end up in jail!" He hissed, trying to cover her from the CCTV camera.

"No, we're not!" She said in a whisper, grabbing a packet of chips and shoving it under her hoodie.

"You think you're hiding it!?" He asked incredulously, his eyes fixed on her protruding stomach.

She didn't bother replying and grabbed another packet of chips, doing the same with it.

"Goddamnit, stop being so loud!" He snapped aggressively, his voice hushed as he ran an apprehensive glance around the store.

"I'm not being loud, you are! Will you stop snapping at me?" She bit back with a glare as she headed towards the cold drinks section.

"What now!?" He asked horrified.

"A bottle of Sprite." She shrugged. "What is he doing?" She asked and he looked past the aisle, calming down just the slightest when he found the cashier busy in reading the newspaper.

"He is still reading the newspaper." He gulped.

She discreetly pulled open the door of the chiller and grabbed two 300ml cans of Sprite before forwarding it to him. He looked at them with terror, as if he was asked to hold a newborn crying infant.

"Where do you want me to keep them?" He asked as he gulped, blood draining from his face when they heard shuffling from the other side of the aisle. His mouth fell agape and so did Jahanvi's as they waited with bated breath. Fortunately, it was just another customer, a young highschool boy.

They heaved a breath of relief once the boy disappeared from their sight.

"This will be so humiliating once we are caught! God damnit I'm a businessman! I can buy this-"

"Oh shush! It's not time to flaunt your riches right now. Here, take them and hide them in your pockets!" She instructed and he huffed before snatching the cans and shoving them in his pockets.

"No more now!" He admonished. "We're leaving!"

"Fine!" She drawled out before both of them made their way towards the exit.

It was all okay and everything was going according to her plan, had it not being for her darling husband to walk so rigidly and with a face that would put a criminal to shame, drawing suspicious eyes towards them from everyone.

"Will you not look like you've just murdered someone?" She nudged him on the elbow.

That, I'm habitual of. This, I am not!

He thought, his breath heavy and palms sweaty.

"Stop."

Both of them froze. He gulped and so did she as she raised her head and looked at him. He glared at her, his face screaming accusations at her. The couple turned, feeling nervous under the sharp eyes of the old cashier.