Arc 3: Chapter 42

"I can bring Elenor back to her room." Richard suggested as they returned back to the manor.

"It is alright my lord. I am Milady's butler so I will be taking care of her. If you will excuse me." Alec bowed before easily carrying Elenor back to her room.

"Alright.."

Alec entered Elenor's room and delicately placed her down on the bed. He carefully removed her makeup and cleaned her face with warm water. Making a mental note to himself to prepare a drink for her headache the next day. He stared at her before sighing. He knew this would happen and even when he did try to prevent it, it didn't work out.

Alec was about to leave when he felt something pulling his coat. Gazing down at the fingers that held onto his coat, he turned to Elenor who had one eye open.

"Are you going to leave..?" she asked faintly.

Alec nodded and began to slowly pry her fingers away from him but she held on.

"Could you...stay until I fall asleep again?" she murmured, gazing down at the floor.

"..."

"I..I don't feel like being alone right now.."

"Are you sure you want me here?" Alec spoke in a whisper, carefully bringing a small chair over to the side of the bed.

Elenor nodded. "Yeah. I like your company."

Alec's lips twitched, "Then..I will be here until you fall asleep, Elenor."

"Haha thank you Alec." Elenor softly laughed before shutting her eyes.

"I'm...glad to have you..with me.." Elenor trailed off, falling into a deep slumber.

Alec didn't get out of his seat. He went on and touched her hair, pushing it away from her face. A tender smile made its way up to his face as he ever so gently touched her lashes which trembled.

"Me too..I'm glad as well." he whispered, planting a kiss on her fingertips before finally leaving her room.

-

Elenor woke up with a massive headache that she could barely get out of her bed. She didn't remember anything up until she danced with her brother. Her memory of last night was quite faint and trying to remember about it caused her even more pain.

"I already told you not to drink so much." Alec lectured as he came in with a drink to help soothe her headache.

Elenor didn't even have energy to roll her eyes at him and drank whatever he prepared for her. She continued to lay in bed, only moving when she had to change out of her dress since she didn't last night.

"I haven't drank in such a long time okay?" she grumbled trying to defend herself for her mistake.

Elenor buried her face into her pillow, "Can I just stay in here the whole day today?" she asked, her voice muffled.

She heard some rustling sounds before a voice spoke, "Unfortunately, his highness has decided to visit."

"...How long has he been waiting."

"About more than an hour."

"Ask him to leave then,"

"Elenor!" Lloyd burst into her room without warning.

"Speak of the devil.." she sighed, opening one eye at him.

"I have been patiently waiting so you can't just kick me out!!" Lloyd protested, walking over to her bed.

Elenor looked away, burying her face into the pillow once more. "You were the one who came. I didn't ask."

"But I know you want to hear what happened last night!"