New Years With Them

A/N: Happy New Year's Eve! Hopefully 2021 is a lot easier than this total trash-fire of a year that we've had, and I hope you all are safe and happy wherever you are in the world. Extra well-wishes and prayers go to the people of Croatia after the disasters they've had over the past few days; if you can donate, I highly encourage you to do what you can!

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy!

(Timeline might be a bit screwy here, but for this oneshot everyone is alive and Kaigaku is still human... mostly because you can pry Grandpa Jigoro out of my cold, dead hands.)

--

Tanjiro and Nezuko:

New Year's is fairly busy, as you and your sweetheart gather together with the rest of your friend group to spend a week at your house. Since you started meeting all together, it's been somewhat lively. Nezuko and Tanjiro spend a lot of time helping you cook for the group, Zenitsu excitedly talks about one of his latest jobs, and Inosuke chatters on about how one of his latest stays at the Butterfly Mansion has been. After a while, some others file in; Muichiro shows up pretty early, and Giyuu walks in with a bottle of sake and an awkward greeting. Urokodaki even pops in, always happy to spend time with his (definitely grandchildren) student and family. Jigoro manages to make it too, and he has a good time catching up with Urokodaki over a few cups of tea.

Before you know it, you're ringing in the new year with great food and close friends, and your sweetheart and you share a sweet kiss when the clock strikes twelve.

Zenitsu:

You end up spending the holiday with the squad as well as Jigoro (and Kaigaku, if he bothers to show up at all). The two of you have a great time catching up with everyone, and when midnight comes Zenitsu takes you aside to shyly kiss you.

Inosuke:

You either spend it at the Kamados' with the squad or at the Butterfly Estate with the girls (and when you do spend it there, usually the invitation gets extended to the rest of the squad too). You have a blast playing with the triplets and musing with Aoi over how different the next year might be. Shinobu pops in with Kanao too, if they aren't too busy. At the end of the day, you all get to settle in with hot drinks and snacks. When midnight comes, you startle Inosuke with a sweet kiss (and he promptly pulls you in for a rougher one, thinking you're trying to compete with him on kisses).

Giyuu:

You spend New Year's with him, your family, and Urokodaki. It's a delightful surprise when the older man shows up with a bottle of sake to celebrate with you. He gets along quite well with your parents. You and Giyuu end up sharing a secret kiss up in a tree in your backyard when it strikes midnight.

Kyojuro:

You spend New Year's with your family and his. Shinjuro is as polite as he can be to your parents, and Senjuro is a darling (your parents utterly adore him... and your mom wants a grandchild just like him). You give him a sweet kiss at midnight while everyone's distracted (although Senjuro sees and awes at you both).

Muichiro:

You spend New Year's with him and your family. Your parents really like him and he seems to get along with them, to your delight. He kisses you at midnight while you're alone in your room.

Shinobu:

You spend New Year's at the Butterfly Estate with her and the others. The triplets are always a delight and Aoi is softer than usual when she hands you a cup of sake, wishing you a happy new year. When you share a kiss with Shinobu at midnight, the girls coo at you until Aoi ushers them off to bed.

Gyomei:

You spend New Year's with him and your family. Your parents already adore him, so you have a great time together. You end up sharing a kiss at midnight, with Daikon in your lap purring away.

Sanemi:

You spend New Year's with him and your family... and Genya too.

You told him to invite his brother, because you felt bad for the two of them being estranged. Genya seemed really grateful for the opportunity, and even Sanemi was a bit softer than usual, probably because of your kind, supportive relatives. He kissed you at midnight in a secluded corner of your courtyard under the stars.

Akaza:

You spend New Year's with him under the stars, with a basket of hot food and some sake to share. He doesn't mind celebrating with you, even if it's this informal. The two of you sit together huddled under a blanket, watching the fireworks and sipping sake.

Douma:

You spend New Year's at his compound with your orphans. You'd asked beforehand if you could bring them, and he agreed, setting up a separate bedroom for them. You brought food for your family (and you were saving Douma's 'treat' for later) and rang in the new year with Douma and his worshippers, sipping sake and reclining in his lap.

Kokushibo:

You spend New Year's with your family. All of them, including your aunt. As much as you wanted Kokushibo to show up, he was still on somewhat frosty terms with your parents and couldn't exactly show up with all of the wisteria everywhere.

Later, though, when you're alone, he appears before you, wishing you a happy new year by resting his forehead against yours. He slips you a small wrapped present before you have to go back inside.

Muzan:

You spend New Year's with your family.

Since he has appearances to keep up, you understand that he can't spend it with you. So you go back to your parents in the country, knowing they'd be ecstatic to see you. Around midnight, Muzan does show up (in his female form) to wish you a happy new year with a kiss.

Yoriichi:

You spend New Year's with him and your family. Everyone comes back to your parents' house for the celebration; all of your siblings with their families arrive, and it's very crowded at the estate. They all dote over you and Yoriichi when they see you, your siblings happy to see you with someone. Yoriichi is polite to all of them, holding your hand so that you don't get separated for too long. He's soft and gentle with your nieces and nephews, letting them climb all over him and play with him in the backyard. It's so domestic and sweet that you end up crying with your older sister over it (and secretly hoping for children of your own like that in the future).

Around midnight, the two of you retreat to your old bedroom for the night and he kisses you shyly.