Very Skilled

In the hunt for work, Sukara ended up helping Korra out for the day. She knew that Korra didn't really get payed for being the Avatar but she still hoped it would give her some ideas.

It became apparent pretty quickly that Korra spent most of her time solving other people's problems. This wasn't as much of an issue as mechanics, in fact Sukara had previously made a life through doing just that. Granted some solutions were questionable but, it was the same work.

"So, what do you think?" Korra asked as they walked back from a shop that apparently was on the wrong side of the triad territory line. "I know it can be a little boring, less fighting crime and more politics."

"That's fine, I think you'll find I'm a very skilled politician," Sukara smiled at her own joke, "gotta get it in order, politics first and if they don't agree, then war."

"Uh... no," Korra said, raising an eyebrow at Sukara, unsure of how serious she was being.

"Kidding," Sukara laughed, pushing Korra's shoulder playfully, "we didn't attack everyone that disagreed with us. Can't have an empire without support of the people."

"Right, yeah," Korra chuckled a little nervously, Sukara's sarcasm was usually a little hard to decifer, "cool, anyway, how's everything going? Asami said you were going to try and talk to Kuvira again."

"Oh yeah, the letter," Sukara nodded, the anxiety in her chest rising again, "she might not even answer."

"But you sent it right?" Korra asked, giving her a small smile.

"Yeah it's sent," Sukara sighed, stuffing her hands into her pockets, "nothing back at the moment though. I don't know if she'll even read it."

"You're getting in your head about it," Korra told her, "you've done your part, you've got to wait for her now."

"I should have waited," Sukara said, the panic in her mind twisting itself into knots, "I should have told her where I was going, I should have come back sooner."

"You can't change any of that now," Korra said, a look of sympathy on her face as she grabbed her friend and hugged her, "all you can do is the next right thing."

"Have I lost her?" Sukara asked, tears pooling in her eyes as her doubts started to fill her mind.

"You still love her right?" Korra said, holding her friend steady, Sukara nodded, "you're doing everything you can, it will all be okay."

Korra pulled her close again as Sukara tried to compose herself. Sukara tried to push the thoughts out of her mind, Korra was right, she had sent the letter, she had tried to call her, there wasn't much else she could do now. And besides, it's not like she didn't have a life to figure out as well, she was still determined to pay Asami back for the house, she needed a job, she had to look after more than just herself now that Kai was staying with her. She had things to be doing. She didn't need to be obsessing over a reply that might never come.