7

Faline walks into the boys' locker room with Stiles as they scan the room for Scott. Her nose wrinkles, still not being used to the rancid smell of sweat.

"There," Faline points and Stiles nods before heading to his locker space.

"Michaels" Jackson shouts, throwing his arm around her shoulders. "I've not seen you in a while"

"You saw me like four days ago," Faline says, wrapping her arms around his waist.

"That's too long," Jackson says. "Lydia and I are having a movie night soon, want to join?"

"If you start making out or put on any crappy lacrosse videos, I'm leaving," Faline says. "Deal?"

"Deal," Jackson says with a grin, hugging her tighter.

"Now go win," Faline says, patting his back.

"No problem," Jackson says. "I am the best captain we've had since like forever"

"Are you sure your head is going to fit in your helmet?" Faline teases. "It's so inflated that I'm surprised you don't topple over"

"You're hilarious," Jackson says.

"Oh I know," Faline says. "Now I'm going over to my other friends. I will see you later. Have fun trying to fit through the doors with a head as large as yours"

Faline walks over to Stiles and Scott.

"You going to try and convince me not to play?" Scott asks his two friends.

"We just hope you know what you're doing," Stiles says.

"If I don't play I lose first line and Allison"

"Wow," Faline scoffs. "You think girls are that shallow?"

"Lydia is" Scott points out.

"Lydia is a special case," Faline says. "I love her but she is. Most girls like boys who don't turn into homicidal wolves on the pitch"

"Allison's not going anywhere," Stiles says. "And it's one game that you really don't need to play"

"I wanna play," Scott says. "I wanna be on the team. I wanna go out with Allison. I want a semi freaking normal life. Do you get that?"

"What I do get is the fact that you're shouting," Faline says, rubbing her ears for emphasis. "Which means you need to be very careful what you say"

"I get it," Stiles says. "Just try not to worry too much while you're out there okay?"

"Or get too angry," Faline says.

"I got it," Scott says.

"Or stressed," Stiles says.

"Don't think about Allison being in the stands" Faline says.

"Or that her father's trying to kill you,"

"Or that an Alpha is trying to kill you"

"Or the girl he killed-"

"Or that you might kill someone"

"If a hunter doesn't kill you first. Sorry, we'll stop" Stiles says, looking at Scott's face. "Good luck"

The cheers of the crowd fills Faline's ears as she approaches the field with Scott and Stiles. She offers a wave to Melissa McCall who waves back enthusiastically.

"Scott" Lydia pulls Scott close. "I just want you to remember one thing for tonight."

"Uh, winning isn't everything?" Scott says.