118

I feel a bit threatened from the comments on the last chapter so to not get myself killed from ending on a cliffhanger... here you go :~)

-

It was negative.

I wasn't pregnant. Another breath left my mouth and I lifted my head to look at myself in the mirror. Good, this was good. That means I wasn't going to have a baby during this war. The war had been official since June and everyone were just waiting for the deaths to start happening. I was scared but most times I almost forgot about it because nothing really happened.

I wasn't pregnant... good. I didn't expect to feel relieved but I did. I would've been happy if it had been positive but it was better this way. George and I could always focus on that part of our life when the war finished. Hopefully it did finish. They always finish... right?

Alright, George couldn't find the test. No one could find the test. I had to tell Charlie that it was negative and beg for him to promise not to tell anyone.

With a deep breath, I pulled out my wand, pointing it at the test. "Deletrius."

The test vanished in the wisp of smoke and I pocketed my wand before gathering my thoughts so I could walk out and act like I didn't just take a pregnancy test. As I opened the door, a gasp escaped my lips and my heart skipped a beat. George was just outside, waiting which I had not expected.

"You bloody baboon."

"Baboon?" he chuckled. "That sounds familiar... McGonagall? Sixth year?"

"You can't just scare people like that." I said, running a hand through my hair as I stepped outside.

"That wasn't my intention." he smiled and leaned down to kiss me. "Morning, love."

"Good morning." I replied with a soft smile, repaying the kiss. I moved closer to him, sliding my arm behind his back as he cupped the side of my neck. "How'd you sleep?"

"Would've slept better if you'd been in bed when I woke." he whispered, running his thumb over my bottom lip.

"I went with Charlie to Chester to do some grocery shopping." I said. "You know that. It was planned yesterday."

"Doesn't mean I wouldn't have wanted you to be there." he slightly pouted and kissed me again, this time for a few more seconds. "Now, I really need to have a wee."

I pulled out of the kiss and looked up at him. "I so wish you didn't say that against my lips."

George laughed and watched me as I made my way downstairs. When I looked up at him, he wiggled his eyebrows at me and went into the bathroom. Silly boy. It seemed as if Molly and Arthur still weren't awake. Right now it was only Charlie, George and I.

"How'd it go?" Charlie asked me when I joined him in the kitchen. I leaned my back against the counter, watching him prepare breakfast for everyone.

"It was negative." I told him. "Which is fine. It's great, actually. It would be hell to give birth to a baby when we're in the middle of a war."

"That makes sense." he nodded. "After all, you've got all the time in the world to make beautiful babies with my brother."

I couldn't help but laugh at his comment, watching as Fred now entered the kitchen with a smile on his lips. "Something in here smells delicious. Oh, bacon!"

Fred hurried over to grab a piece of bacon from the pan but I immediately grabbed his wrist. "Do not tell me you were about to grab bacon from the boiling hot pan. Are you out of your mind?"

"What?"

"If I hadn't stopped you, you would've burned yourself." I said and his expression changed as he started to realise that I was right.

"With seven kids, not all of us could get the brain." Charlie commented and Fred scoffed in response while I let his wrist drop.

"You're right, Charles. Not all of us could get the looks either." he said. "Promise me dear brother that you won't take your jealousy out on me."

Charlie turned to look at Fred with narrowed eyes and I clamped a hand over my mouth to not laugh.

"You do realise that means George got the looks as well? Are you sure you're ready to share that gift with him?"

"Oh bloody Merlin." Fred said and then looked at me. "I'm an identical twin."

"Yeah." I laughed, frowning at him. "I am very aware of that. After all, I am married to your other half."