Chapter Five-Because you intrigue me

And then suddenly you meet that one person that makes you forget about yesterday and dream about an unexpected future.

........ ............ ............

People frequently bore him. Sometimes amused him. And other times just irritated him. But for the first time in his life, he was intrigued. He was intrigued about the way that man's eyes widen and then his brows furrowed, confusion slowly blending into anger..He was intrigued. He wanted to know more. He wanted to know him more.

"I don't think it's on the menu." Mew was furious and that makes Gulf smile again.

"Then can you add it on the menu?" This makes the other man even more furious.

"Why the hell do you even want my number for?"

Gulf looked at him seeming lost in thought. "Because you intrigue me and nobody has intrigued me in a long time."

Mew was expecting something corny like other guys say when they try to hit on him. But this guy, he was strange. He was really strange.

"Do you know that your eyes practically gets bigger when you get angry? It's amusing." Gulf chuckled a little seeing the other's eyes get bigger again.

"Just order or leave. This is not the place for flirting." Mew was really angry now.

"But I'm not flirting." Gulf said nonchalantly. "I don't flirt with people. I just wanted your number."

"Huh! How is that not flirting."

"Cause if I was then I would say that your eyes shine when you smile. And also crinkles a little. Which is true. It's as if your eyes smile before you do. It is really beautiful you know. I've never seen it before. How do you do it?" Gulf still wasn't flirting. He was just saying the truth.

Mew was speechless for a moment as he can feel the heat on his cheek. Damn it, what's wrong with him? 

Gulf's eyes widen a little. "Are you ok? Your cheeks are turning pink. Are you feeling sick?"

Mew immediately put his hand on his cheek glaring at the man in front of him.

"Are you gonna order or not? I don't have time for you."

"One Black coffee then." He leaned on the chair still not taking eyes off the other man who practically walks or more like run away from there.

He put his chin on his hand lost in thought. He never felt this way for anyone. what is it about him that makes him want to see him more? Exactly what is it?

......... ......... ................

"Can you stop frowning and eat for God's sake." Mild said for the hundred times to a still lost Mew. He seems to be thinking of something from that morning. Even Boat noticed it. Mild was in the medical facility but took his time to grab lunch with his two best friends, who were doing major in engineering.

"I'm not frowning. I just.." Can't stop thinking about that strange man. 

"You what?"

"Nothing, eat already." Mew hurriedly tried to erase that man from his mind. Suddenly he can feel the chair beside him moving and someone sitting beside him.

"Gu...Gulf Kanawut"Boat was looking wide-eyed at the man. Mild was confused totally. While Mew looked at him like he has seen a ghost or something.

"What are you doing here?"

Gulf looked at Mew with a little smile on his face. "Trying to eat lunch. Also, you never gave me your number." 

"I can't. I'm not single." Mew said trying to lie to the man in front of him. Although the piercing gaze of the other man proved that he caught him immediately.