𝘚 𝔢 𝔳 𝔢 𝔫 .

» 𝘉𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝔱𝔞𝔨𝔢𝔰 𝔞 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐥 «
----

Hermione made her way to the great hall, dagging luggage behind her. She made her way to the three boys. Harry and Ron were laying wizard's chess with eachother whilst Y/n played against his owl.

"Hah, you're losing, Reinhardt." The raven head said, cocky, "Face it, you'll never be as good as me"

The owl rolled its eyes, hooting and making its knight move. The girl raised a brow at this, "How did it even.. What is happening..?"

Hermione watched as the pawn destroyed the knight, cringing. "Barbaric."

Harry and Ron shrugged, "That's wizard's chess for you"

Y/n on the other hand, faced her with a small grin "You know what the Hogwart's motto is" he said, shrugging. "All is fair in love and war"

Ron laughed, "No it isn't, its: never tickle a sleeping dragon"

"Bloody hell Ron, let me have my moment" The boy whined, looking back to the chess board to see it completely rearranged. "Awe- oh-" He sighed, scrunching his face up. "You cheating cuck." he said, glaring holes at the owl adjacent to him.

Reinhardt hooted innocently, looking around the room as if nothing happened. The raven head sighed, moving his king to the middle, only to get cornered by the white queen.

"Oh. I've lost to an owl, how shall I ever deal with this... shame" He said, prolonging every word and making sure to be as dramatic yet deadpan as possible.

He slammed his hands ln the table, "I demand a rematch!"

"Y/n! What did you find in the forbidden section? Did you even go there?" Harry asked, The raven head turned towards them, Hermione no longer in sight. He was too busy insulting his owl that he didn't even get to say goodbye to the genius.

His brows raised up, thinking about it. It had been a week since he went to that section of the library and discovered that he was a fox animagus, taking lessons on the daily.

He closed one of his eyes, his pupils looking up as he thought of it. He then shrugged, "Not much about dark arts, no flannel dude"

"Flannel? Isn't it Nicolas Flamel?" Harry asked.

"Well yeah- but he wasn't there, as far as I know."

Y/n turned back to the table, instructing his pawn to move forward. Harry sighed, Ron pouting and leaning on his palm.

After finishing another round of chess (Which Y/n finally won) the three of them went to the Gryffindor common room, sneaking Y/n in, which was quite the task.

The raven head had tried to start an argument with the fat lady guarding the common room, to which Harry (fortunately) stopped with the classic elbow attack.

In the end, they reached a compromise, agreeing that Y/n can come in due to the fact that the Slytherin common room was basically deserted, he'll still have to sleep at his own dorm, however.

Once they entered, they were immediately bombarded by the twins, who somehow knew they'd arrive at that time.

"Huh? Who are you? Gred and Forge?" Y/n joked, sitting down the gryffinfor couch. He had to admit, this was way more cozy than his common room. It was more warm and vibrant, as opposed to the cold and gothic feel of the Slytherin common room, which he liked too.

But for christmas, he figured it should be atleast cozy.

Fred and George looked at eachother, a mischievous grin appearing on their faces. "Perhaps this will jog your memory" they said, walking closer to the boy.

"Oh- Wait- I perfectly remember the both of you now!" Y/n exclaimed, facing the red heads with wide eyes as his brother and the other Weasley only watched in amusement.

"MERCY!" The raven head yelled, bolting off of the comfortable couch and behind Ron and Harry. "Awe come on, it won't hurt" Fred said.

"Yeah, you'll just laugh until it hurts" George continued.

Being ticklish wasn't really ideal if you're friends with the weasley twins, especially if you're Y/n Potter, who had poured water on the both of them one tuesday afternoon.

"That doesn't make it any better at all!"

The rest of the night was filled with laughter and jokes, something Y/n missed severely when he went back to his room.

It was cold, and he no longer had his friends with him, he never had friends in his own house. The boy sighed, landing onto his bed and picking up the book on his bedside table and opening it.

He began to read, his eyes darting to the bed next to him from time to time, he couldn't focus at all. The boy groaned, tossing his book back to the bed side table and landing on his back, staring at the ceiling blankly.

"There's nothing to do" he whined, tossing and turning around aggressively, messing up the bedsheets. Normally, the blonde would start to insult or complain about how much noise he's making, but he wasn't there.

Y/n sighed once more, his eyes landing on the bed beside his, pouting. "Malfoy, come back soon you manky prat. Its too boring."

"God, I can't believe I'm going bloody insane without that dickhead."