66. HAUNTED HOSPITALS

THE SMELL OF MEDICAL equipment invades the women's senses as they settle into their spots in the hospital room

THE SMELL OF MEDICAL equipment invades the women's senses as they settle into their spots in the hospital room. The men left to go to work because, apparently, that's a thing. They promised to check up on them every couple of hours though.

Aliyah had been staring at Hally as she ranted continuously for the past five minutes about how she thinks Maddox is cheating on her.

"So he left?"

"He left."

"When you told him not to leave?"

"When I told him not to leave."

"And he was supposed to be back three days ago?"

"He was supposed to be back three days ago."

"Damn." There wasn't much else Aliyah could say. This all seemed pretty incriminating against her cousin's fiancé. Glancing up at her cousin who was trying to steady her breathing, Aliyah leans back, trying to think, "What are you gonna do when you see him again?"

A knock at the door interrupts them. In walks Elijah, dressed in scrubs and his coat, a bag of food in hand after he sent an intern out to get food from the 24/7 Subway across the street.

God forbid Hally eats hospital food

He hands Aliyah her foot long before giving the bag to Hally who extends her hands, excitedly, a small squeal of excitement escaping her at the sight of food. Elijah chuckles before plopping himself on the arm of Aliyah's seat.

"Thank you, Eli," Hally smiles brightly as she opens the bag and pulls out the food she'd been starving for.

He hums before Lee stands and allows him to take her seat. Finding herself on his lap, she unwraps her sandwich and takes a bite. Cuddling into the hoodie Elijah gave her earlier to cover her hardened nipples — it's cold — she huffs through her nose.