[53] a new day.

Planetary News: The South African Alliance and East African Society armies that were in North Africa fighting mutated animals have succeeded in killing them. They'll return with some corpses for scientists to study what's causing these animals to awaken.

After Detective J returned to The Universal Authority with the survivors, the news about the deaths of the barons left a sour taste in everyone's mouth

After Detective J returned to The Universal Authority with the survivors, the news about the deaths of the barons left a sour taste in everyone's mouth. Baron Samson had temporary control of the other divisions until after the election of new barons.

There were no signs of Sister Mary in the system. But it wouldn't be long before she showed up. Wolf had struck a nerve, and she would eventually go after him. Even though Director Bea and Chief Syla were disappointed about the alien's escape, they had pressing matters to attend to.

J's return wasn't as happy as he had thought it'd be. He learned of the disintegration of the State of Kwame and the death of millions of Martians. Even the news of Cleopatra's execution didn't matter. It would take a long time for Mars to recover from the destruction.

But with her death, Cleopatra had the last laugh. The annihilation of the State of Kwame within seconds terrified everybody in the system. The existence of such a weapon shook The Council so much that they fulfilled her wishes.

First, they had banned trophy hunting in the system and disbanded all organizations practicing it with immediate effect, and anyone caught doing it would face capital punishment.

Second, the Martian government had announced the end of slavery—fearing what had happened to Kwame would happen to the other states—and gave the land that used to be the State of Kwame to the freed slaves. In a matter of days, good samaritans from all over the system had volunteered to help the slaves in building their new homes and businesses, naming the area the State of the Free.

Even with all the horrible news, relief washed over J as only one state had been destroyed. Oli and Susan Goldman were in the State of the Founding Fathers. He didn't know what he'd have done if something had happened to Oli again.

Though, more good news came from his successful mission. The Science Division had watched some files on the flash drive and started planning on sending representatives to the other systems. It'd take time because the vetting procedures would be thorough, not wanting to be blindsided by golems again.

In the cases of She-Wolf and Red Hawk, Chief Syla ordered them to stay at The Universal Authority for the meantime while doctors conducted checkups, hoping they weren't secretly golems. But the two could move around on the moon as TUA had facilities for everything—training, cafe, lounge, and so on.

Also, because of their successful return, TUA gave all the bounty hunters on the mission one hundred million credits each before they retired from their respective organizations.

She-Wolf and Red Hawk couldn't wait to spoil their son while catching up on all the missed years, making Detective J jealous, as that was what he wanted to do with Oli.