san ju san

When the call had cut off, Jungkook wasn't sure if he was able to get his point across

When the call had cut off, Jungkook wasn't sure if he was able to get his point across. He called out his hyungs' names a few times but only a distorted noise followed, he was about to bang the phone back to its place when a creaking sound interrupted him.

He realized the sound of the shower was no more on and his heart started to beat erratically again. He practically ran back to the room he was situated before and closed the door off. He locked it from the inside, locking himself in too.

Did they hear him? He could scarcely manage to tell them the address, but he wasn't sure if it was really 35-C of the apartment, or if they really heard it because the cacophony of the noise interruption made every sound disoriented. Did they really hear him?

Would they come?

The adrenaline rush had made his blood hot and pumping in his vein, in those few seconds of the phone call he had spent almost every bit of his energy and now he was feeling nauseated. He slid off, crumpling to his knees, his back against the closed door and he leaned on it, taking in deep breaths, allowing the oxygen to fill in his suffocated lungs.

Something felt like it was stuck in Jungkook's throat and he wanted to cry again, for what this time he didn't know. He was exhausted and he knew breaking down would make him more jaded but the volcano enraged within him for no reason at all. There was so much pain, so much suffering that he couldn't handle. His head was overfilled with many thoughts and nothing at the same time.

Would they really send help?

He was sure he had heard Namjoon tell someone to call emergency.

But did it matter? Was Jungkook ever going to be okay?

Was it better to just let himself fall?

He couldn't move an inch from the spot and seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into an hour, yet it felt like a decade had passed, and now Jungkook was contemplating if whatever happened in the phone call did happen for real because his memory had surely failed him over the years.

All this time his eyes laid fixated on the two white pills laying helplessly on the bedside table a few feet away.

A sound on the door brought him out of the dazed state. Someone was turning on the knob, and that someone was Diana, it had to be her.

"Jungkook?" Her velvety voice boomed through the wooden door, making him flinch. "Did you lock the door?" She sounded hesitant, and curious, and surprised, a mixture of all three.

Jungkook sat silently, and he bought his knees close to his chest, hugging them with his bony hands. His heart had started to race again and he tried to calm his breathing.

"Could you open? I brought dinner," she said next. "Did you take the medicine?"

Jungkook tried to pay no heed but each note of her voice made his stomach churn, he felt sick and his arm grew tighter around his legs.

Did anything matter at all?

"Jungkook, I-" Diana trailed off, sighing. "Maybe we could talk. You have been ill for some time, those sleeping pills were prescribed by my ex-husband. If you're feeling better today, we could sit down and talk?"

He stayed quiet.

"Please?" She implored and was about to say more when a sound rang inside the house, the melody of a doorbell.

The tone of it made Jungkook startle harshly, sent his organs to a panic. He heard the sound of the quick footsteps of Diana, fading away with her approaching the door and another ring followed, and then another.

He turned his head around and tried to follow what could be going on. He heard an incoherent voice of Diana, probably talking to the intercom, he couldn't make out what.

Then came the real storm. Banging sounds nonstop, and so loud that adrenaline rushed through his veins again like the jolts of electricity. Jungkook stood up.

He didn't realize when his arms had started to shake violently, a buzzing sound wrapped around his head. Suddenly the walls were warping. He felt the coldness of the metal when he placed his hand on the doorknob but he couldn't make it reel, more like he couldn't bring himself to. He just couldn't open the door.

The banging sound had probably died down. Jungkook didn't know because he was merely there, all together, with his trembling hand on the doorknob.

Why would they come?

Did he really matter?

"Jungkook!" A voice shouted, male, infuriated, and agitated. "I am sure he is in there!"

"Stay away lady! I swear if you touch me with those hands," another male voice screamed in high pitch. Jungkook had hastily opened the door then.

His eyes fell on Namjoon first who was holding onto the knob from the other side, then Jin, that woman in red sweater, Yoongi in the middle of Jin and her, his hands keeping them away.

Two security guards stomped inside hurriedly in mere seconds, Jimin, Taehyung, and Hoseok trying to scamper across them. "We couldn't keep them away!" Hoseok shouted, his lanky arms trying to hold back one of the buff guards in the uniform.

"Sir, you're invading the privacy of our tenant-"

"We called the police and they will be here any second," Namjoon spoke loudly, his voice confident, eyes quickly glancing from Jungkook then to the guards.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung was the first to allude his name, but his eyes were wide and incredulous, staring at Jungkook as if he couldn't recognise him.

They were really here?

The rush left Jungkook, his body limp and the gravity pulling him towards the floor, his eyes rolled at the back of his head and he could sense Jin lunging towards him and catching him by his arms after letting out a shout of alarm. The ceiling was twisting and looked funny almost, everything spinning and it felt like he was the sun. As if the earth was orbiting around him.

Was the sun an observer or a participant?

Jungkook thought his conscience would sleep away, that he would faint in Jin's hold, but he remained there, and even a question arose in him, asking himself just how he managed to fit in Jin's arms so easily, like he was a small person, a little child.

Next thing happened in snippets, like camera flashing and the pictures changing with each snap.

The nonstop siren sounds blared in his head when he found himself in a moving car, probably an ambulance, a guy in a mask fixing something on him, and he felt like the car wasn't actually running, but floating in the air.

He wouldn't be thinking it was all so very real if he didn't feel so cold. Only his hands were warm, Jin was holding them tightly in his. Another person was beside him, the blue hair spoke aloud who it was. Taehyung was peering at his features but he couldn't read his expression this time.

Jungkook was indeed very tired. He couldn't keep his eyes open anymore. For once, the whirlwinds of his thoughts really stopped.

Jungkook liked to believe he was somewhere safe. But no place felt safe anymore. Even in the remnant of his slipping conscience, he felt a tinge of fear residing within.

He would surely like to think he was in his mom's womb, but he had never seen her and he didn't know how she looked like. He didn't know it too if he'd feel safe around her if she was alive.

Why give birth to someone if their whole life would only be a perpetual saga of suffering, anyway.

---
This chapter was supposed to be bigger, but I broke it into two. I'll update again tomorrow.