Chapter 36 - Spy For A Spy

The eliminated Elemental Masters are back at the factory.

Cole was whistling happily.

"Why you whistling? Yesterday Cole was sad. Not today. What changed?" Karlof asked.

"Things are looking up, Karlof. We came here to find our friends, and I found one. All I gotta do now is get Lloyd, find Lucy, and bust them out."

"Not so easy. Chen's made it nearly impossible to escape this place."

"I'm still working out the details, but Lloyd's resourceful. We'll be able to figure things out." Cole assured. "But first order of business, I gotta let the others know I'm busting him out." He slid a piece of paper in a fortune cookie.

"You put message in cookie?" Karlof questioned.

"I know, right?" Cole grinned. "That's why it's called a fortune cookie."

"Well, if you get out, don't forget about Karlof." Karlof reminded him.

"Yeah, sure. Of course." He turned to an Anacondrai Warrior. "Special order for the banquet's ready."

"I hope you have the good fortune for it to end up in the right hands."

"You and me both, Karlof. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get out of here."

Cole noticed that one of Anacondrai Warriors has keys. Keys he could use to break Lloyd out and have access to find Lucy.

The Kabuki were serving the fighters food. In the fight the night before, Zane and Chamille, Master of Form, fought. But Zane beat her.

"Try the horned wasp eggs. Delicious!" Chen insisted.

"Uh, I think I'll pass." Kai said, avoiding the plate.

"Oh, lighten up. This isn't a trick. This is a feast to celebrate the eight of you making it to the second round." The Kabuki laugh. "And I must congratulate the Master of Shadow's defeat over Master of Poison. She was a bit hard to swallow, am I right?" The Kabuki laugh. "Laugh harder!" They forced a harder laugh.

"Now that we told the others about Chen's dirty plot to steal our Powers, things should be better now." Kai commented softly to his friends.

"I tried to enlist Shadow, but that dude's throwing some serious shade." Griffin informed them lowly.

"If we plan to stop Chen, we will need everyone on board. Each fighter that loses gives him strength. At this rate he'll be too powerful for even all of us combined." Zane pointed out.

A Kabuki entered with the fortune cookies.

"Ooh, fortune cookies! Bring them to me!" Chen giggled excitedly.

"But they are for your captured—I mean, honored guests." Clouse reminded him.

"I'm not gonna eat them, Clousey Clouse. Just read the fortunes. They're my favorite part."

A brief whispered conversation between Chen and Clouse commenced, Chen put the cookie back, which the Kabuki brought to the Masters.

"It has come to my attention that there are rumors floating about that I am stealing everyone's power. I am." Chen announced. The Masters all gasps. "But it's all for this staff." He clapped, and the Kabuki waved their hand fans. "No, no. Not you, staff. I mean my real staff." Everyone caught their breath as a staff is brought to him. With a gemstone swirling with colors. "The Staff of Elements. It holds the power of your fallen foes, and soon it'll hold all but one. For the last standing in my tournament will win this prize and be the greatest fighter ever in the history in Ninjago!" Everyone began whispering.