Determination, Intimidation, Meditation - Chapter 11

Jackson

It had been a few  weeks since my incident with Jin.  Due to some business obligations I've been out of country.  Ever text I sent Bre went unanswered.  Now that I'm back I plan on getting to the bottom of her relationship with BTS.

***

"Hey Beautiful, mind if I have a seat?"  Bre was eating lunch in the cafeteria by herself reading a book.

"Hi Mr. Wang,  by all means have a seat I just finished my lunch."  She begin packing her stuff up.

"Bre call me Jackson and please can we talk?"

"Jackson is this concerning your accounts.  I had them transferred to another manager.  I have had several meetings with your new team so they are up to speed with everything going on with your accounts."  She stood up walking around me to throw her trash out.  

"Bre you know I don't want to talk about that."  I could tell she was uncomfortable but no one was around.  Bre always ate lunch late in the day.

"Well if its concerning what you saw the last time we saw each other then I'm not interested in that topic."  She turned around to leave the cafeteria towards the elevators.  I stood there a moment watching her walk away.  I had to talk to her.  She wasn't responding to my text or answering my phones calls, and every time I went to her office, her secretary played her body guard or gave me an excuse that she was in a meeting or call.  This was the first time I had seen her.  I could let her leave without telling her how I felt.

"Bre" I yelled.  She ignored me stepping inside the elevator.  I ran stopping the doors from closing with my foot.  The elevator was full.  We rode in silence until the last person stepped off.  I pushed the emergency stop button, stopping the elevator.   

"What the hell Jackson?"  she scolded me.

That's when the emergency phone rang "Hi this is Jackson Wang.  It is just myself and Ms. Stone in the elevator.  Please give us a few minutes and I will call you back to reset the elevator.  Appreciate you looking out for me Bi Lee.  I owe you and your wife dinner.  Thanks again"

"Are you serious Jackson?"

"Look Bre I just want to talk and since you are ignoring me I have to take drastic measures like this.  I know the last time we were together it was awkward.  I meant what I said about wanting you."  

"Look Jackson I know I lead you on that evening we were suppose to go out for dinner and I know that was wrong, I'm sorry."  I could tell her apology was sincere. "I'm not sure why all of a sudden you are interested in me to this level that you feel the need to do all of this."

"All of a sudden? I've been trying to get closer to you.  I've invited you to my parties and other get together, you didn't show. Even when I invited you to meetings you would prefer to do conference calls or I would have to come to you. The night we were going to dinner was going to be my night to confess."  I moved closer to her to hold her hand.  

She pulled her hand away from me and moved to the other side of the elevator, "Hold up Jackson.  Confess what?  You don't even know me.  I feel this is about your pride.  One thing I have been able to gather is you and BTS have a bleak past that as of today I am not privy to knowing the specifics of."

I couldn't even refute her allegations, "Yes Bre, we don't get a long but I wanted you before I found out about your situationship with them."

"Situationship?  You got jokes?"  

"Bre look I don't want to argue but I do want a chance."  I cornered her.  

"Look I'm not worried about your boy group.  I want time with you.  Can you at least give me the dinner that you owe me? "  I could smell her perfume.  My senses were wild.  Being stuck in an elevator with  this intelligent, professional and beautiful woman had me anxious.  I just want to touch her, to hear the voice she makes when she moans.  Was I to late?