Chapter 37 - Spellbound

"Lucy's alive. And here."

Lloyd stared at Cole, in slight shock but mostly incredulity. "Dude, I—I know! I know she's alive! Why do you think I left?! Of course I knew she was alive—we all should've." Lloyd groaned and facepalmed. Then he froze and began muttering too quiet for Cole to hear. "What if—no, well maybe—later. I can't endanger her right now—but she can fight—but if she doesn't remember anymore—"

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Let's keep moving." Lloyd shook his head to clear it.

The Elemental Masters were all on a blimp above the island.

"What are you looking at, Zippy?" Jay demanded as Griffin eyed him.

"The next one out of the Tournament."

"Uh, heh."

"Why so scared to show us your back, Shadow? Worried we're gonna find a tattoo and know you're working for Chen?" Kai demanded.

"I hope this next fight is between you and me, because I'm gonna put you on your back."

Paleman was whistling.

"Do you mind?" Skylor snapped.

"Tensions are high." Zane pointed but

"Yeah, not as high as we are now. I can hardly see the island from up here." Kai glanced out the window.

"I've had enough of this. I can't stand heights. Where's Chen?" Neuro opened the cockpit door but no one was piloting it. "Gah!"

Chen appeared on screen. "How do I know if this thing's on? Oh, oh, oh, I see, the light. Oh, oh, I'm on? Right now? Ahem, ahem. Hello, final eight. I see you are all eager for the tournament to commence so one of you can win my Staff of Elements. Instead of fighting for a Jadeblade, today you will be fighting for something different." He showed them a video of a girl with short black hair running through the jungle.

"Nya." Kai breathed.

"You know her?" Skylor asked.

"It's my sister." Kai explained.

"We have an uninvited guest on the island." Chem announced.

"And she must be holding the proof that will stop Chen."

"Find her and you will automatically move on..."

"The spell he plans to use when he takes our powers."

"...to the final round!"

"He wants us all to hunt her down? She won't stand a chance." Jay exclaimed.

"Then we have to find her before anyone else does." Zane decided.

"In ten seconds, the bottom will drop." Everyone gasped. "But to show you I'm not a bad man, I've given you eight parachutes." Everyone rushed to grab a parachute. "Good luck."

"That guy's love for trapdoors is seriously getting on my nerves!"

The bottom opened and everyone fell.

Zane was one of the first to grab a parachute, and a good thing too because he started plummeting way faster than the others. More than likely due to being a Nindroid.

Jay though, he landed on top of Griffin's parachute.

"Get your own chute, Lead Foot." Griffin snapped.

Jay somehow 'swam' to one. "I got one! I got one! Hahaha!"

Neuro swiped Kai's chute. "Whoa!" He grabbed the last parachute.