i was at the library

"Hey." Alma says, walking into the room and closing the door.

"Hey." Lauren looks up, letting go of her pen to watch as Alma sits down in front of her. "You have thirty minutes to study, but first give me your phone."

"Why?"

"I'll just put it here so you don't cheat. Or do it yourself, put it on my desk." Lauren says, and Alma slides her phone on the desk for her teacher to catch it.

Lauren whispers "thank you" and Alma takes her stuff to start studying.

She's taking it seriously this time and even though she can be rebellious sometimes, she knows that she'll take this as a lesson and she won't cheat again.

While Alma's studying, Lauren is on her phone, talking to her best friend that is actually on her way to her classroom.

Lauren talked to Normani about the school not having a counselor, and Normani obviously jumped on the occasion and actually met the principal just now.

Alma jumps when there's a knock on the door and Lauren gets up, takes both of their phone and looks at her.

"You have fifteen minutes left."

Alma nods and Lauren closes the door behind her, smiling to Normani as her best friend hugs her.

"Hiii! How did it go?" Lauren asks, and Normani smiles.

"It went well. The principal actually told me that I'm starting tomorrow."

"Oh my God Mani that's so cool! We're working together!" Lauren squeals, hugging her best friend as Normani chuckles.

"Anyway, what are you doing still here?"

"I have a student in detention."

"Ooh... Is it her?" Normani smirks and Lauren looks away, slightly blushing. "It is her! Let me see her!"

"No, she's studying. She has a test in ten minutes."

"Why is she in detention then?"

"It's a long story."

"Okay. So what's goin on between you two? You haven't told me anything since... The night you had a date I think."

"Well... We kissed. That's it, I don't have anything else to tell you and she has a test so I'm gonna g-"

"You had sex."

"No!"

"You totally did, are you dating??"

"No! It's complicated and we both have other things to think about right now. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay. You know I'm supporting you right? I mean, I may not agree with all of that cause it's dangerous as fuck but you do you and I support that. You can tell me anything."

Lauren smiles, and she hugs her. Normani kisses the crown of her head.

"Alright see you tomorrow Lauser, I love you!"

"I love you more."

Lauren enters the room again, and looks at Alma who's looking at her.

"Who was that?"

"My best friend. I told you, she's the school counselor now."

Alma nods, and looks back down at her notebook.

"Okay put it away." Lauren says, handing her the test. "You have the rest of the hour."

As Alma starts her test, Lauren looks at her, resting her chin on her hand. She's been trying to sort all of her feelings out and she's kind of struggling.