Chapter 39

Disclaimer: I don't own anything PJO/HoO related (that goes to Uncle Rick), neither do I own anything from the MCU (that goes to Marvel Studios)

Annabeth P.O.V.

"Ugh," I groaned and clutched my head, I then regretted it after I felt the pain in my arm. There was a raven black head lying on my chest who smelt familiarly like the ocean.

"Percy," I whispered peacefully, then a little bit louder,"Percy, wake up, you're heavy." He didn't budge. I could feel his chest rise and fall against my body, so he wasn't dead. He was lying on top of my acid-burn-free arm, so I couldn't poke him with my finger. I kissed his forehead and his eyes slowly fluttered open. Sure, I could have wiggled myself out from under him, but kissing his forehead was more satisfying.

"You're killing me," I said.

"Sorry, Wise Girl, didn't notice," he said lazily with a soft smile and rolled off me. I looked at him, there were dark rings around his eyes and he was pale. He was also covered in acid burns, just like me.

I dug through my pocket and took out some ambrosia. "Here, have some, you need it," I said to him as I held out a half of the ambrosia block. He took it gratefully and nibbled on the edge of it, I did the same.

After a little while of laying next to Percy, peacefully eating ambrosia, I sat up. There I saw, crumpled and withered, Kronos's host body. "P-Percy?" I asked and then mentally scolded myself for stumbling over my words and sounding so scared and worried.

Dead bodies normally don't look like that. It looked like it was drained of all its blood, like a raisin, drained of all its juices.

Percy sat up aswell, he held his head slightly dazed and then saw the body. His hand dropped to the ground and his face fell. There were tears in his eyes.

"Hey, what's wrong, what happened, Percy?" I asked worried.

"I- I'm sorry Annabeth. I- I didn't mean to," he said taking a deep shaky breath. He looked at me, guilt and sadness evident on his face. "It's just, I thought you were dead!" he said through a few escaped tears. "And- and I lost control. I'm so sorry, Annabeth. I didn't mean to." He lowered his head in shame.

"Come here," I said understanding what he did and I hugged him. "I love you, you know that right? I love you no matter what," I said through his mumbled "I'm so sorry"s. I took his face in my hands forcing him to look at me. "I love you, Percy." I realized that my face was streaked with tears aswell.

He looked at me through his wet, beautiful sea green eyes and said," I love you too, Annabeth." We kissed and then the kiss turned into a tight hug. I shoved the thought of what I saw earlier out of my mind for now, Percy needs me.

We were hugging for a while untill we broke apart at the sound of a loud "POOF".  There was a red beam faraway in the sky.

"The others, they need us now," I said. "Do you think you could call Blackjack?"

He nodded his head and some of the old happy Percy started to come back. The sound of his loud whistle flew through the air and I could already see a small black dot forming on the horizon.

Lots of PERCABETH. Hope this wasn't too soppy and emotional for you. So now that we're getting the whole gang together and the final battle is coming... once again, pray to the all the gods your favourite character doesn't die, maybe burn some offerings (I heard, through a friend, that it works?). Anyway, breath don't die and yeah.

-LadyLlama13