foreword

Epigraph

"𝑯𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒔 𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒚.
𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆."

- William Shakespeare

Hello to all you lovely readers, here is a little authors note:

While this book may have the gangster, mafia, fighter, millionaire, ceo & badboy tropes this story is mainly about two people falling in love and finding one another through all of the struggles and conflicts that get in their way. I hope you can join me on this emotional ride we're about to embark on together. Get ready to smile, get butterflies, cringe, yell and cry with me. (ps, there may even be some scenes that might make you throw your phone out of frustration.)

Warning: this story is a dark romance so the scenes and topics in it are very dark. If you like light and happy books this might not be your cup of tea... 🐸 ☕️

||Synopsis||

𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒖𝒎𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
-
After leaving her toxic home and going to live in New York City, Penny Jones was hoping for a fresh start. Her dream has been to become a Prima ballerina for the New York ballet institute for as long as she can remember, and finally, she is one step closer to reaching it. But when Penny witnesses something she shouldn't have seen, she is pressured into making a deal - either work under Enzo Bridger's empire to ensure her silence or be killed.

She should not have been brought into this life, but now that she's in it there is no way out.

Kade Bridger is a famed underground street fighter who holds the title for being undefeated in the ring. His tyrant father, Enzo Bridger, has built his multi-million dollar empire on top of The Den, an organized illegal club that houses all things from boxing fights to gambling. He runs his empire through debts and contracts with the people who unfortunately get pulled into the addicting lifestyle of The Den. Kade wants to escape out from under his father's clutches, but to do this he needs to fight his way out. To become the best fighter that the whole underground has seen.

His one rule is no distractions, but that's exactly what Penny brings into his life.

Penny's world changes when she meets notorious fighter Kade who ignites a fire within her that she can't ignore. What starts as a lustful obsession soon turns into a forbidden romance, but as their demons rise to the surface, they are forced to come face to face with their pasts and try to escape their deal with the devil.

|| Highest Rankings ||
____

#117 | fiction

#1 | fighting
[02/12/20]

_____

|| Timeline ||

Started: October 22, 2020
Finished: -

This is my first ever new adult story so I am not used to writing mature scenes or structuring my stories with a full plot, so hopefully, you guys don't think it's too messy

I am not from New York City so some specific details about certain places the characters go in the city will be fictional, But I am using the city as my setting so don't get mad :)

Also! If you see any grammar mistakes let me know!! I love hearing your feedback ♡

This story does tackle some difficult issues such as drug use and abuse. There will not be trigger warnings at the beginning of chapters with darker topics so I am putting this warning in now.

This is a dark romance depicting a lot of mature themes, a warning now that this book is heavy on the amount of violence and explicit sexual scenes. So if you don't like reading those I would say not to continue.

Copyright © 2020 by Taliii__

All rights reserved.

Enjoy :)