27. Respect?

JUNGKOOK'S POV

Finally. Room sweet room. I laid down on my bed and sighed.

Ugh! This was not supposed to happen. I thought that she would just be like, okay fine you can marry Taehyung and I will marry the one I love. But that girl has a huge crush on me, and it is kind of sad that I have to break her heart. On top of that were the rumors that people will start spreading to every corner of the world. They are going to make Taehyung's life miserable, but that guy is as calm as a sea, but I am pretty sure he must be boiling inside when he hears all those malicious comments. My phone suddenly buzzed, indicating that I had a message. I picked it up and switched it on.

Fake BF

OYYY!
COME TO MY HOUSE!!!

Me

Why?

Fake BF

we still haven't finished the project

Me

will be there in a minute

Fake BF

hurry up then
my mom is killing me here.

I smiled and got dressed up. I left the room and collided with a human being.

"What the—"I saw who it was and I sighed mentally. Why now?

"Babe, where are you going?" Leishi asked me. She still calls me that even though I rejected her?

"To Taehyung's house," I said and walked past her. I had no time to waste and had to get away from here before she brings that mother of mine.

"Why are you going there? We are supposed to have dinner together," she raced after me and I groaned in annoyance.

"I am having dinner with Taehyung. Now bye," I slammed the front door shut and ran away from the house before she sends a car after me. When you have money and power, there was absolutely nothing you can't do. I walked all the way to Taehyung's house and knocked on the front door. The door opened and revealed Mrs. Kim who had flour on her cheeks and a dirty apron.

"Good evening, Mrs. Kim," I bowed down and she giggled.

"Come in," she said and I walked into the house. The warm, friendly and cool atmosphere in the house was always welcoming and I almost felt like I was in an actual home.

"You finally came," I saw Taehyung race down the stairs. Before I could warn him, he slipped on the last step and fell on the ground. His mother scolded him for being stupid and careless and I just stood there, entertained by the show they were putting on. Taehyung shot a glare at me and I grinned like an idiot.

"Do it again and I will chop your legs off. Now off you go," she went back to the kitchen and Taehyung heaved a sigh. He turned towards me and stuck his tongue out. His usual welcome gesture which I was really used to. We walked upstairs to his room and I sat on his chair.

His room was half the size of my room. He had one closet and a small, wooden desk that had multiple drawers and a tiny laptop which was always thrown on the floor, right next to his single bed. Small and comfy. That's how I liked it. Mine was like a fricking house.

"Let's start then. This is the last week and we have only four more days left," he said and I nodded. In the midst of all this boyfriend issue, we had completely forgotten about the project. We began to research and wrote down all the key points. For the first time, I had seen Taehyung being so serious. He was so engrossed in finishing the project right on time. Maybe if he was this serious in studies, he might actually beat me and top the class. But even I can study harder than him.