chapter 25

Third person POV:

1 minute.

That's how much time was left of the game.

It was a draw at 1-1, but the ball was by the other teams goal and they were in control, until it was intercepted by Luke.

Luke quickly passed the ball to Ben, who brought it down to their side of the field, then swiftly passed it to Kamal.

All they needed to do was score a goal in these remaining 30 seconds, and they would be the winners.

The other teams players were hot on their trail, coming close to Kamal, who was luckily able to pass the ball to Isaac who received it with no interceptions.

Now, all Isaac had to do was score a goal, easier said than done.

The pressure was rising: if he didn't score his goal, then although they wouldn't directly say, his teammates would be disappointed, but if he did score the goal, he would've helped win the tournament for them.

Isaac glanced up to see where the goalkeeper was, then did a fake shoot to put him off, then as soon as the goalkeeper had gone to the other side, he quickly shot the ball into what he hoped would be the goal.

It didn't look like it was going in, it looked a bit too wide, but at the last second, the ball rolled smoothly into the goal, earning cheers from the spectators, and also from his team, just as the whistle blew.

"We fucking did it." Harrison went up to Isaac beaming from ear to ear, doing their handshake they had made up a while ago.

Isaac was still in a half state of shock, still unbelieving that his goal had happened, especially after the terrible past few games he had played, but he still smiled.

For formalities, they shook hands with the other team, congratulating them on how well they had played etc. and after endless amounts of people coming up to them saying well done, collecting their trophy, and a mini congratulatory speech from Coach, they were finally heading back to their hotel.

"Are you going tonight then?" Harrison didn't say what, but Isaac knew he was talking about the 'celebratory' party that would've happened whether they'd won or not.

"We have to leave early tomorrow, that's what Coach said, and I'd rather not have a hangover at 5AM." Isaac reminded him.

"Oh come on Isaac, just don't drink a lot then. We just won, what are you gonna do? Stay in your room being a loner whilst everyone else is out having fun partying?"

Yes, Isaac thought. "Alright, I'll think about it."

"Great. I'll see you there." Harrison smiled before they parted ways; Isaac going back to his room, and Harrison to his.

***

"So this is it?" Isaac shouted over the sound of the music and multiple voices overlapping over each other.

This party was worse than the first one.

It seemed like there were an additional 26261772 people and now Isaac was really wishing he'd stayed in his room.

"HUH?" Harrison also shouted, leaning closer to Isaac.

"I SAID- you know what, it doesn't even matter."

Harrison still looked confused, but Isaac was off already, searching to see if he'd find Blaire.

But no sign.

So he pulled out his phone and decided to text her to make things easier for himself.

Isaac🌪: hey r u at the party rn