Chapter 38 - The Forgotten Elements

Lloyd, Nya, and Alina watch the palace at a distance.

"He doesn't I'm coming, we might not have powers but we can still fight." Lloyd decided.

"We have to wait until nightfall. There's too many." Nya told him.

"Every minute we're out here, he grows more powerful and—"

Alina cut him off. "Chen grows strong by taking from others. But real power does the opposite. It empowers those around you. We will get you to Chen, and you will destroy his staff."

"How do you know that?" Nya asked.

"I don't know. I've kinda accepted I won't know anything so I just say what comes to mind because for some reason it's usually decent things to say." Alina shrugged.

"That... that's sad."

"Remember, destroy the staff and everyone's power returns." Nya reminded them right before they were about to sneak in.

They nodded and snuck into the palace, however Lloyd accidentally activated the alarms, alerting the Cultists.

"There's too many of them." Lloyd exclaimed as the cultists started attacking them. Alina was dodging their attacks pretty easily, she threw a punch and she kept fighting back, surprisingly well. Well, only surprising to her.

"I'll hold them. You two, find Chen." Nya ordered the two blondes.

They left and as they went through the palace, they fell into a trapdoor.

"Whoa!" Lloyd yelped.

"Shh." Alina shushed him when she heard the Anacondrai Serpent, her green eyes flickering around the area. "What's that sound?"

"Lloyd! This way! Come on!" Kai called from down the tunnel.

"Kai, you escaped! What happened?" Lloyd ran over to him, Alina followed. Kai faltered upon seeing them both, his eyes flickering at Lloyd's figure and how skinny he was in comparison to the last time Kai saw him. But he shook his head.

"I managed to slip free, but Chen took all our powers. If we can find them—"

"There's no time. I have to stop Chen. Alone if I have to." Kai stopped walking and looked at him. "What? What is it?"

"I'm sorry, Lloyd." He blew out his torch. "This will all make sense when it's over."

"Kai? Kai, where are you?"

"Lloyd?" Alina called.

"Over here. Come on."

They found their way to the throne room.

"It all ends here." They both spun around to see Chen.

"You! You turned Kai against me?" Lloyd demanded, .

"Like I said, only one can remain."

"L—Alina, stay back." Lloyd ordered as he began to fight Chen.

"Oh, please. What use is no Elements when I have them all? Shadow!" Chen disappeared from sight, Lloyd looked around, prepared.

"It's over Chen! Give up!" Lloyd ordered as he avoided attacks.

"Wrong. I decide when it's over. And who doesn't like a blast from the past? Ice!" He laughed. "Fire!"

"Duck!" Lloyd dropped swiftly as Alina shouted, barely avoiding the fire ball. Alina began avoiding/fighting cultists who came into the room.

"When my followers become Anacondrai, Ninjago will be controlled by those who deserve it, the most powerful. Gravity!"

"Whoa! What you have isn't power!" Lloyd yelped as he started floating. "It's stealing! Aah! Real power doesn't need to take from others. Real power stops people like you." Chen defeated Lloyd by sending him to the ground harshly.