thirty

Tom Riddle

          "You did what now?" My voice is quiet, restrained, as Marlene stands, shaking in the hallway outside of the Great Hall.

"She- I tried to stop her-"

"You had one job," I pinch the bridge of my nose, a headache rising in my forehead. "One job, Marlene. Where is she now?"

"Gone?" She squeaks. "The professors are trying to find her, but they can't track her. It's like she's vanished."

I roll my eyes. "Ok. Alright. I'll just send my anti aurors after her. They'll capture her in minutes."

"C-capture?" Her eyes flit nervously from my head to the wall.

"Well yeah, that's kind of what you do when the girl you need something from escapes," I say absentmindedly.

"Oh. Right."

"Where's your brother?" I ask.

"Probably eating," She responds, avoiding my eyes. "Is he going to be going to get her?" I nod, and her face pales. "Please, don't send him. Send anyone else but not him-"

I take her chin in my hand, forcing her to look at me. "Don't you dare ever argue with me or you'll end up like Sam. I know you want to get back to your home, and you know damn well that only I can get you and your brother back. So don't ever try arguing with me. Do you understand?"

She nods, whispering in a frightened tone, "Yes."

"Good. Now go get your brother, I need to tell him about his mission."

I release her chin and she scrambles off, heading into the Great Hall. I lean against the wall, students avoiding my gaze, afraid if they make eye contact with me, the Head Boy, I'll deduct house points.

"Sir?" A voice says. I turn to see a brown head of hair, crooked eyebrows, and an equally crooked smirk.

"Don't call me that, Xavier. We need to talk. Left tower at 7:00 PM tonight. Be late and you know what will happen."

He nods. "Ok. May I ask a question?" I raise an eyebrow and a small frown grows on my lips. "Does it have to do with the disappearance of Kitioma?"

I resist the urge to smack him in the head, keeping my face a cold, bored visage. "Of course it does, you idiot. What else would it be?"

He doesn't respond, only hesitates before turning on his heel back into the Great Hall.

I make my way back up to my dormitories. The gargoyles push their stone swords in front of me as I try to enter the hallway.

I roll my eyes.

Every time.

"Cedricdiggorycamebackfromthedeadasabipolarsparklevampire," I mutter, and the gargoyles let me enter. The Headmaster comes up with the strangest nicknames, I swear.

I make my way up to my dorm room and walk in, slamming the door shut behind me, loosening my tie.

"Tom!"

I sigh. "Isabella."

"It's Izzy, you know this," She nudges my arm, laughing, and I scowl.

"Why are you in my room?"

"Well," She smirks, leaning on my arm more and more, and it takes all of my self control not to shove her off. "I was just thinking that with Kiki gone, we could-"

"No, Izzy. No. Leave," I snap, shoving her off of my arm and hanging up my robes on my bedpost.

"Awe, but Tom-"