Part 4

To say Eric was surprised would be an understatement. He wasn't surprised at the fact that his mate had slit somebody's throat, but that she had healed the bastard. As a healer, he guessed it was to be expected. But he still didn't understand why she had a knife to her throat in the first place. Why would her own clan kill her? Questions were going through Eric's head so fast he almost didn't notice Doyle and the twins enter his tent.

"The healer seems to have gone into shock," Doyle stated. When Eric finally brought his eyes to Doyle's they were full of concern.

"What?" Eric asked. He was still on edge and didn't appreciate the look the three males shared. "What's wrong?"

Doyle sighed, "Well, we're concerned about," He started slowly, trying to find the best way to put it. Doyle knew from experience how volatile males can be about their mate. Right now Eric was on edge about the girl and it wouldn't do them any good. " the heal-"

"What are you going to do with the girl?" Parker interrupted. His twin elbowed him in the gut, "What?! We're all wondering. And that's what Doyle was about to ask about anyways."

Eric sighed and sat down, putting his head in his hands. He had tried to calm down over the last hour or so, but his mind kept replaying how close he had been to losing his mate. "I don't know," he admitted. He should know what to do. He always had a plan for everything. But this- this situation- was never even considered when they planned to attack Ura.

"You could send her north, to the capital," Logan suggested. "She'd be safe there, under your father's care." Eric had to repress a growl, he had just got his mate, and he certainly wasn't letting go anytime soon.

"She's staying here," Eric stated firmly.

"If Eric sends her to the capital, he won't be able to stop worrying about her. And with winter coming he needs to be focused." Doyle explained when the twins sent him questioning looks.

"Ok, so she'll stay here." Parker restated, "But as what? A prisoner?" That had been the one kink in Eric's plan. He knew she was going to stay at camp the moment he'd had Doyle bring her back here. But as what? Would she be a prisoner? Eric didn't like the idea of locking his mate up.

"Did Old Leech survive the attack?" Eric asked. Leech was their healer, nobody particularly liked him and he was terrible at his job, but he was the only thing close to a healer they had.

"No. He was found with a stab wound near where we took out the first patrol." Parker answered. Of course, the old man died at the beginning of the battle. "Why?"

"Because he wants to make his mate our healer," Logan answered for him.

"She would be a hell of a lot better than Leech." Doyle mused. "If what happened in the tent is any indication of her skill, that is."

"So how do we do this?" Parker asked. The three males looked at Eric.

"She doesn't know that I'm her mate," Eric said. It made everything so much more complicated. If two fae were mates, each felt the bond snap almost immediately. If it was a fae and a human, the fae knew but the human had no idea.

"You saw her ears. She's human." Doyle said. Eric nodded, things would definitely be getting complicated.

~

Please vote, comment, etc., and have a great day!