Chapter Twenty-Five: Faerie's Love Song

It doesn't matter how he feels. It doesn't matter how I feel- 

How do I feel? 

I took a deep breath when I reached my office building. I opened the door and waited for a second as Orisin and Aine came up behind me. Orisin gave me a look and Aine started ranting about me being an idiot. I walked into the elevator as Aine continued her rant. 

"You know you can't just run off like that! I know you don't like talking about feelings- why is that by the way?" Aine asked, sitting on top of Orisin's head. I bit back a mean thought to her. 

I sighed, trying my best to ignore her. 

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. Orisin jumped int front of me and he emitted a low growling sound as little flames burst on his finger tips.  

"Naomi," I said, trying not to gawk at her. She looked beautiful. Instead of the exhausted, bloodied woman I met (and almost killed Orisin), there stood a tall, beautiful woman with big eye lashes, makeup on point, and a smile that made me slacked jawed. I shook my head to get rid of the blush that threatened to creep up my face. 

"Ah! Matty, there you are!" Jorge said, running up to me. "We have a new client and I knew you'd be perfect for the photoshoot. Now that you're here, we can set up a contract and other the technical stuff." 

I blinked and looked at Naomi. She wore a big grin on her face. I didn't like it. Could supernatural things stay out of my work? That'd be nice. 

"That BITCH!" Aine yelled at her, flying right up to her face to yell at her. Aine's wings turned bright red with rage. Naomi kept the smile on her face, but the corner of her mouth twitched. Orisin reached out and gently grabbed her. Orisin's tail flicked back and forth, revealing the flame at the end of his tail getting bigger. His face kept neutral though, but I sensed the anxiety surrounding him. 

"Sure," I said, "come into my office." I put on a big fake smile similar to the one she wore. 

"Thanks, when you're done we have a shoot we need to get to," Jorge said, hinting that I needed to make this quick. I nodded and led Naomi to a bare office. It wasn't really 'my' office. It was everyone's office for business. It had the ugly pale walls and looked pretty empty, but it was private and kept everyone out of the way. 

"What can we do for you?" I asked as I bent down behind the desk to look turn on the ancient computer. It had all of our documents for contracts. 

The door clicked shut behind her. 

"That's not what I'm here for."

No shit Sherlock.  

"No, we couldn't guess that!" Aine shouted, wiggling in Orisin's hand. 

"Aine," he said as she fumed. 

Naomi gave Orisin a nervous smile. "Glad to see you're doing better. How's your shoulder feeling?" 

"Well enough to set you on fire," Orisin said with a tilt of his head.  

"Good to know," Naomi said. 

"So what do you want?" 

Naomi looked at me and she straightened her back. Her shoulders relaxed. I could tell she tried to calm herself down. 

"I know we didn't meet in a great way," Naomi said. "But I got to tell you, for your own safety, you can't trust Oracle." 

"Who I trust really isn't any of your business." I said, looking at Orisin's shoulder. Still wrapped up tightly from when he got shot.