There Ain't No Party Like A Vampire Party

For this chapter listen to "I Did Something Bad" by Taylor Swift.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genevieve strode down the streets of Rome, her eyes alight with possibilities. All around her, people were unaware of the fact that a vampire walked among them. She could smell their blood, see their veins pulsing underneath their skin. She longed to lunge for one of them and drink, but she didn't want to raise suspicion just yet. If her past experiences taught her anything, it was that she had to be careful lest she get caught. 

Gen stood on a stone bridge. staring at the river below her, carefully watching everyone that passed by, looking for someone who caught her eye. Finally, someone did. A young man walked by with a group of friends, making eye contact as he did. She smiled at him, dazzling him, before pulling him off into a back alley. She pushed him up against a wall, her hands all over his chest, her mouth on his. Their breaths came out hot and heavy, and a moan escaped her as he whirled her around so she now had her back to the stone. His lips traveled down her jaw to her neck, and she leaned her head back pulling him closer. She pulled his head back so she could look him in the eyes.

"Don't be afraid. Don't scream. Just give in," she compelled him. Then she struck.

Her teeth had sunk into his neck, faster than you could blink, and she drank his blood greedily, only stopping a couple times to breath. He stood there, like a worm on a hook, except unlike a worm, he wasn't struggling. She drank to her hearts content, till he was so pale, one would think she had drank all of his blood. She stepped back, blood smeared on her cheeks, and dripping steadily down her chin.

"Thanks for the drink," she grinned. Then she snapped his neck.

His body fell in a heap on the ground, surrounded by a pool of blood still flowing from the holes on his neck. She wiped her chin, licked her fingers, then stepped over him, and walked back down the alley. 

Over, and over, she did this, all throughout the city, from dawn till dusk. During one excursion, she got so excited, she accidentally set the building they were in on fire. Out of the blaze she came, looking like a demon, with her red eyes, fangs, and covered in blood. After killing dozens of people, and burning down just as many buildings, she moved on, setting her sights on other cities. From Rome, she traveled. She went to Naples, Pompeii, then back north to Siena, Florence, Milan, and so many other towns. Whispers of a nameless, faceless, malevolence followed her. Tales of a creature so evil, it had looked death in the face and laughed. One who would drink your blood till not a drop remained, after it had its way with you. People lived in terror, afraid to go out at night, and sometimes even during the day. But no one suspected her. No one suspected the beautiful, beguiling creature before them, could be capable of such atrocities.

While Elena, Jeremy, Matt, and Tyler stayed in Sicily, to keep an eye on things, and to keep an eye out for Circe, the others followed Genevieve through Italy, following the stories and the dead bodies. Some had been drained, others had been ripped apart. And still, others were burned beyond recognition. Damon, Alaric, Felix, and Klaus had tracked her movements to Siena, while Elijah, Stefan, and Rebekah went to Milan, and Bonnie, Caroline, and Enzo went to Florence. All roads ended up in Venice, where they all met up again.

"She's killed her way through the Italian countryside. I don't think there's a single town that's been left untouched," Alaric sighed.

"This is what she does," Felix explained. "And each time it gets worse. By the time we find her, you might not even recognize her."

"I don't know why we're trying to stop her. We should be applauding the embrace of her true nature," Klaus smirked.

"Niklaus," Elijah warned.