33. I'm glad I drank.

Chapter 33: I'm glad I drank. I got to talk to you.

I watched the car lights reflect off my bedroom wall, creating a shadow dance. An uncomfortable chill slid across my skin, so I rolled myself closer to him. We both still hadn't put our clothes on, and I felt him closer than ever. I buried my nose in his neck and he breathed out. He turn his head towards me a little and I felt his dark hair tickle my face.

"You're awake?" I murmured and he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer. I felt shy for a moment, even though we've done this so many times before. But it was only for a moment, and I happily put my arms around him as well.

"Hey, Rosie..."

His voice was deep, and a little croaky. I peeped at him with a half open eye. I could barely see the highlights in his hair in the darkness of the room. Sometimes, he'd put some eye-make up as well, usually matching the burgundy dye in his hair tip. Band boy. It's what we called him, in our little friend group. My band boy. It's what only I could call him in our group.

"Hmm?" I replied with a sleepy tone.

"You know..."

"I know what?" His fingers that were gently combing through my hair suddenly stopped, and he looked like he was in some deep thought. His eyebrows furrowed just a little, and now I opened my eyes to focus on him.

"Well... you know how the universe, or the earth is actually in a constant state of darkness, and the day only exists because of the sun?"

"...Woah. That's a bomb you're dropping on me."

"No, like... the day only starts because of the sun, and we're all just in a natural state of darkness, that only disappears for the moment the sun arrives, you know?"

"Yeah... that's crazy to think about."

"I was thinking, Rosie..."

"What were you thinking about, love?"

"I was thinking how... well, my universe, my life, my world... my earth was just like that... existing in the dark and..."

"..."

"And then I met you, Rosie."

There was silence in the dark room, and in that moment, a car's headlight flashed across the window. In that moment, I saw the depth of his eyes that were looking at me. He didn't even blink.

"I was living in the darkness, and then you became my sun, Rosie."

I groaned, waking up from my sleep. The lavender lace canopy greeted my and my first expression of the day was a huge frown.

Why'd I suddenly think of my past life?

I was in a sleepy daze when I opened my eyes and somehow my brain just decided to take me on a trip through memory lane. No, for what? I could have gone this entire second life without thinking about that guy, you know.

It's so funny how people tell you the sweetest words, only to break your heart so easily later.

I felt mad at myself for thinking about him. But this anger... this irritation also had another reason. The stupidest reason ever, and I couldn't believe myself that I was feeling this way.

Who is whose sun?

No, that time, why did he say those words to me? Does it make any sense that I could be his, or anyone's, sun? I was darkness itself, I didn't even turn on the lights in my own room when I lazed about in my bed. If anything, I was the farthest from any light. Until I met him. Shit, that sounds so pathetic now.