Chapter 24

Zach's POV

I look at Ealize who is currently looking at me with an expression as if she wanted to do something really bad but just stopping it.

The more I get to know her the more doubts comes to my mind.

I have investigated everything about her. How her parents died and the fact that she's an orphan. This investigation includes her daily life, how she visits clubs almost every night, her personality, her personal relationships, friends...

but nothing make sense.

She's very different from the person I imagined her to be, based from the results of my investigation.

On the surface this Ealize seems to be shy, awkward, and very quiet. She gives me an impression of someone who is constantly talking to herself in her mind, but there are times when she can be decisive about her opinion and confident.

She has so many expressions and emotions that looking at her is very entertaining. 

It's been the third day since I have taken her to my pack and I expected her to be someone who will try her best to struck a conversation with me but until now the amount of conversations that we have can still be counted by my hands.

"Thank you..." Ealize said in a very small voice.

Did she really thought this entire time that she will be paying for everything?

"It's fine" I answered as I showed a small smile on my lips.

I caught her staring at me again but immediately avoided my eyes when I met hers.

A strange warm feeling slowly made their way from the center of my chest to the rest of my body.

Strange....

"Let's eat?" I asked as I held her hands.

I saw a small blush creep from her ears to her face.

I look at our intertwined hands...

Holding hands...

it's just a physical contact and nothing else.

It couldn't be any different from holding a vase.

"I'll pay for the food this time" Ealize said as she took the lead in walking.

I look at her back and to our intertwined hands and I felt strangely satisfied.

"Where should we eat?" I ask just for the sake of conversation

"KFC? Or Jollibee?"

I furrowed my brows.

"Those are unhealthy" I said and this time I took the lead and decided on a restaurant to eat.

"Do you often eat unhealthy foods?" I ask as we enter the restaurant.

It was one of the restaurants I owned.

I saw her hesitate a bit before saying "Yes"

"but I swear I will eat healthy food now! I promise" she immediately followed up.

"hmm" I hummed in response.

I would need to order the chefs in the house to make her eat a balance and nutritious meal.

It would be bad if it affects the baby...

Soon, the manager walks up to us in a hurried way.

"I'm sorry for the wait Sir. Should I lead you to the private room?" he asks in very professional way.

"Would you like a private room?" I asked Ealize.