Chapter 3

Theodor's POV

''Sir, can we go now?'' One of my men whispered to me. I nodded my head and shooed him out of the room. I approached small sleeping form on the chair.

She really did saved my life last night and I'm thankful for that. I leaned down and kissed her cheek softly. She is good girl. And fu*k, her skin is soft.

I straightened myself and got out of the room. I saw nurse on the way in the room I was staying and stopped her.
''Don't wake her up just yet.'' I said.
''Alright, Mr. Hall.'' She said and continued on her way.

I contacted my right hand man and my best friend.
''I'm out. Meet me in my office.'' I spoke in the phone.
''Okay.'' He said and hung down.

I got inside my car and told my driver to go to my office. No matter how much I stayed calm, I was raging inside. He dared to kill me and he thought I would let it slide. No no.

I got out when car stopped and rushed inside my building. After Boss died and handed me everything before his death, I tried really hard to put the company back again and not only company, but the Rusell organization.

I saw Andres in my office waiting for me in front of my desk. I sat at my chair  and sighed. The pain of my wound got back again even if I took a pill for pain. It didn't leave me choice, but to take one again.

''Are you fine now?'' Andres asked me.
''I'm fine. If it wasn't for her...'' I trailed off remembering about pretty girl who helped me last night.
''Don't tell me you like her all of a sudden.'' Andres teased me.

''Of course not, idiot. She is too young.'' I defended myself.
''So what? It's not like you weren't with younger girls.'' He shrugged.
''She is under 20.'' I mean, I did some background check on her. But it was just informative.

''Stop talking about her and focus on the situation.'' I said, before he spoke.
''Whatever. What were you planning to do?'' He said, now more seriously.
''I plan to kill him.''

''I don't know, man. You will turn whole Russian organization against us.'' Andres spoke with uncertainity.
''You forgot that Anton Sokolov killed our Boss. Boss was like a father to me.''
''I know that, Theo. But you're putting everything at risk.'' He tried to reason me.

Is Andres right? Am I putting a people who are like my family, at risk? I feel frustrated and angry. But I want him dead. On one way or another. He murdered a man who was my idol, my father. My only family. I won't let it slide.

Martina's POV

''You're finally awake, Miss!'' Nurse chirped in the room. She was changing sheets on the bed Mr. Hall was laying on. I opened my eyes and he actually wasn't in the room.

''Where is Mr. Hall?'' I asked and got up from the chair.
''He was discharged. He told me to let you sleep some more.'' She smiled.
''Thank you. I'll get going now.'' I said.

I picked up my backpack and got out of the room. I walked down the hallway towards the exit of the hospital. How could I fell asleep like that? I didn't hear anything.

Mr. Hall is probably fine now since he left today. I hurried home because it was already late in the morning. I took a cab to my house and quickly came. I hope my mom won't question me a lot.

I sighed as I stood in front of the doors. I opened the door and entered the house. I heard shuffling in the kitchen telling me my mom was home.

''Hey, I'm back.'' I chirpily said.
''Hey, honey. How was at the sleepover?''
''It was great like always. We were watching movie and talked.'' I shrugged.
''That's great. Do you want to eat something?'' She asked me.
''No, I ate. I'm going upstairs.'' I lied and rushed in my room.

I felt guilty for lying to my mom, but she would freak out and probably put me on lock down if she found out what happened.

I put my backpack down and unpacked it. I went inside the bathroom and took warm shower. My sore muscles relaxed. I don't recommend slepping on the chair. Everything hurts me.

My thoughts wandered off to Mr. Hall. Who is he anyway and what is the reason he got shot? People don't get shot randomly on the street. I only have one solution and it scares me to think about that.

I finished and dried myself off. I changed in new clothes and laid on the bed.
''Honey, I'm going to work. I expect you to eat something.'' She said as she appeared on my door.
''I will, mom. See you later.'' I said and got up to kiss her cheek.
''Bye.'' She said and waved me before going downstairs.

I rushed to my phone and texted Lily to come to my house in an instant. She has a bike so she gets here much faster. And she did. She appeared in five minutes.

''What happened yesterday? I was worried sick after you called me.'' She said and sat in the living room. I sat next to her and sighed.

''So it was like this. I was going to your house when I heard a sound in the alley.'' I said, when she interuppted me.
''Oh my God, it's like some horror movie!'' She squealed, making me roll my eyes.

''Anyway, there was a man lying on the floor in blood. So I helped him and called the ambulance. He got surgery and I stayed in the hospital for the night because it was late and I couldn't go home then. He was discharged this morning so I came home and said to my mom that I was at your place.'' I explained.

''Oh, wow! I can't believe that happened in one night.'' She said, sighing.
''Me neither. I was scared that he might die in my hands.'' I said, trying to shake off goosebumps that formed on my skin.

''That's terrible, Tina. He is lucky that you were there at that time.'' She said.
''Yeah, I know.'' I shrugged.
''Do you know something about him?'' She asked me.

''He is really handsome and his surname is Hall. He looks like in his early thirties, I think.'' I said.
''Handsome stranger, you say?'' She nudged me teasinly and smirked.
''Shut up, Lily. He is really older than me and I don't have any ideas about him.'' I said and got up. She laughed at me.

''Do you want something to drink?'' I asked.
''Coke.'' She said, still smiling. I will kill her one day, I swear.