𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

———

———

WILD
by @thirstymalfoy

———

SYNOPSIS

Alexandria Kaplan had been useless all her life. She was raised by hatred where there was meant to be love, and now she was condemned to watch all those around her be felled by unstoppable cruelty. Draco Malfoy was bound by his loyalty. It was known that out of self-preservation, the man wouldn't hesitate to burn the world down, even if it meant living the rest of his life alone. Loneliness was familiar to both of them, after all.

The struggle between power and humanity was never-ending and one that they knew well. It was impossible to have both, and it was impossible for there to be a balance.

Sometimes, however, even the most dependable truths could be proven false. The sky was down, the black was white, the bad were good, perhaps — and only perhaps — power and humanity could coexist.

Maybe they could be found where they were least expected. Where they never existed at all.

———

I do not own Harry Potter, Draco Malfoy, any such related characters, nor the ideas of the Harry Potter Universe. All other characters are my creation, as well as the plot. Constructive criticism is encouraged, but be nice to me, because I'm not as tough as I like to think I am.

Another disclaimer: I did not steal the surname "Kaplan" from hellenwilder . She very generously offered it to me <3.

This book takes place after the Battle of Hogwarts, but it is not fully canon compliant. I can't say much more without spoiling what I've written.

———

TRIGGER WARNINGS

- Death: mentioning, alluding to, referring to, and/or explicitly describing examples of this.. Some scenes may be graphic and twisted. Includes necromancy (not to be confused with necrophilia, thank you). Includes death of elderly and children alike as well as loved ones.

- Rape/Sexual Assault: mentioning, alluding to, and referring to, this, but not explicitly describing examples of this.

- Torture, Violence, and Gore: mentioning, alluding to, referring to, and/or explicitly describing examples of this. Some scenes may be graphic and twisted. Descriptions of blood, maiming, killing, scarring, etc.

- Abuse: mentioning, alluding to, referring to, and/or explicitly describing examples of this.. Verbal, mental, and physical. Does not take place in the ongoing timeline, but is a vital part of the past.

- Suicide Ideation, Self Harm, and Suicide: mentioning, alluding to, referring to, and/or describing examples of this.I will refrain from graphic depictions. This is more a possibility than a certainty.

- Other Mental Health Issues: even if not explicitly said so, many, if not most, of the characters will be struggling with disorders such as: anxiety disorders, PTSD, behavioral disorders, mood disorders (depression, for example), dissociative disorders, paranoia, psychosis, schizophrenia. Characters may have panic or anxiety attacks. I don't intend to give any of them eating disorders, but characters may throw up both intentionally and unintentionally.

- Alcohol/Narcotics Use, Abuse, and Addiction: mentioning, alluding to, referring to, and/or explicitly describing examples of this.

- (Consensual) Sexual Content: mentioning, alluding to, referring to, and/or explicitly describing examples of this.

I will try my best to repeat these warnings at the start of chapters whenever relevant, but I might forget sometimes, so heed these warnings well right now. These warnings are also subject to change. Feel free to comment any triggers you don't see on this list, and if I find them relevant, I'll edit to add them.

———

DEDICATED TO so many people, including citruspotter and nyx-malfoy . You two are my best friends and my role models (and I hope that makes you feel old). I wouldn't be anywhere near here without either of you :).

To AegisOfAthena , orchidhalo , Vikaitaly , helloimthecoochieman , precisement , nudenigma , cloudlifter03 , eratatouille , oliviaapattinson , ripceddyd , sirenei , lolhiloool , coldbbrew , salamandersareswag , beyondthesee , arcticity , TearsofHecate , hellenwilder , sauvagediior  and stanmiaa .

Muah :)

(Extra special thank yous to citruspotter , lolhiloool , eratatouille , stanmiaa , and oliviaapattinson  for beta reading <3.)