48: I Will Find You

Note: I absolutely adored this request as it's based loosely on the film Your Name in terms of the body-swapping. If you've not seen Your Name don't worry, there's nothing in this oneshot that'll spoil the film. This oneshot starts from (y/n)'s POV, and with every  ———  that breaks up the story, the POV changes. EG it starts with (y/n), then goes to Shoto, then back to (y/n), then back to Shoto. It's only the POV that changes with every line. It may be a little confusing sometimes, it was a little difficult to write but Your Name is my all time favourite film, so I was determined to do this request justice!

Requested by: PinkySnow

Quirks: Hydrokinesis

 I woke up yawning after a very weird sleep. Everything seemed blurred, and as I opened my eyes I panicked a little, seeing a room I was not used to. I sat up straight, looking around, the room being traditionally Japanese themed. "Huh?" I spoke aloud, only to hear a deep voice. That was when I realised my body felt a little different, and I looked down, almost feinting at what I saw. I was in a male body.

As fast as I could I stood and ran to a mirror in the room, gasping at my own reflection. Not only was I in a male body, but it was someone I recognised from the UA Sports Festival that was on last month, but I couldn't quite remember his name. I recognised his distinct hair, eyes and scar. I brought my hand up to touch the rough skin, but suddenly a voice made me jump violently. "Shoto? Are you awake?" A female voice shouted.

'Shoto, that's right,' I remembered. 'Todoroki, I think.'

"Shoto- oh, you are awake. Breakfast is ready," a female said, sliding open the door. She was mature but didn't look old enough to be this sixteen year olds mum.

"O-okay," I stuttered, the deep voice coming out. This was already one strange dream. It felt incredibly real, especially when I had to get changed, go to the toilet and wash up. I came out of the bathroom a blushing and stuttering mess, unable to believe what I had just seen. I now found myself on the way to the prestigious hero high school, and I was beginning to feel incredibly nervous. What the hell was going on? This was just a dream, so why did everything seem so real?

———

I shifted around in a bed I did not feel comfortable with. A small beeping woke me up, and next to me a digital alarm clock was ringing. I furrowed my eyebrows, then realising immediately that I was in a room I didn't recognise. I shut up the alarm before it irritated me too much, then swung my legs around, dangling them off of the edge of the uncomfortable mattress I was sleeping on.

My eyes widened however when I saw my legs, and realised they were very feminine and completely smooth. I panicked when I realised that I was in a girls body, and I almost had a heart attack when I looked down into the top to see a little bit of cleavage. "(y/n)?" An old sounding voice croaked. This had to be some kind of dream, some kind of very realistic dream.

The door to the room opened making me jump a little, and I saw an elderly woman standing there with a walking stick. She looked pale and sickly, as though she shouldn't be walking. "Are you okay?" She croaked.

'(y/n) has to be this dream girls name,' I thought, so I nodded. 'But who is she? Her grandmother?' "Should you- are you okay?" I asked, feeling a little stupid but also shocked at my higher-pitched voice.

"I'm feeling a little better today, I can walk around a little at least," the older lady said. 'So she shouldn't be walking,' I came to the conclusion mentally, standing and approaching her. Despite this being a dream everything still felt so unbelievably real.