47: The Loveless Relationship

Note: (y/n) is with Bakugou at the beginning of this oneshot. It was surprisingly hard for me to write, only because I have come to love Bakugou almost as much as I love Todoroki. 

Requested by: softyeclipse

Quirk: Hair Manipulation

Yellow = happiness, bright, panic (difference is made obvious depending on the situation)

Grey = gloom, sadness

Blue = fear, tranquility (difference is made obvious depending on the situation)

Red = love, passion

Pink = compassion, playful

- Todoroki's POV -

 (y/n) (l/n) was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She was caring, kind, selfless and passionate. Her light yellow hair indicating her usual happiness shone even when the sun wasn't out, and her sparkling (e/c) eyes hypnotised me every time we talked. Her smile always made me smile too, and when talking to her I couldn't help but feel happy. Recently however, that all began to change and it was because of one particular person. Bakugou.

One Friday we had spent almost the entirety of the day together, hanging out and laughing. She had helped me make friends easier, and I felt as though I actually managed to fit in with the class thanks to her. Spending the day with her made me nothing short of happy, and by the end of it I was left thinking that I might actually have a chance with her. All weekend I tried to think of ways in which I could confess my feelings to her, even going so far as to looking up advice on the internet.

I came into school on the Monday, a rose in plastic covering tucked in my bag as well as cards I had my confession speech written on incase I needed prompting. Sat in my seat at the back of the classroom I waited, wondering when the best time to do it was. Something I didn't expect to see however, was (y/n) walk through the classroom door with Bakugou's arm wrapped around her shoulder.

I froze in my seat, staring in both horror and shock as she wrapped her arms around his waist. A few people in the class approached the two of them in surprise whilst I just watched from the background, as Bakugou shouted at the others that it was none of their business how he and (y/n) had gotten together. I could only watch as I saw her smile brightly up at him, her hair turning red with love. I never realised that the heart could actually hurt, but here I was, feeling mine break.

Later that day I found myself stood next to a bin on the campus grounds, staring at the rose and the confession cards in my hand. I bit my lip, not wanting to throw them away but knowing that I had missed the chance to make her mine. With one final mental push, I threw them in and walked away, my head down and my hair covering my saddened face.

- Timeksip -

(y/n) and Bakugou had been together for three months now, and my feelings for her hadn't faltered in the slightest. I watched the couple from afar, my heart aching as I watched her smile brightly whenever he was around, and they'd always be standing next to each other. Her hair shone bright red when she was with him, and the kisses I had to witness them share hurt even more. I could practically feel the pitiful stares of Midoriya as he was the only one who knew of my crush on (y/n).

"Todoroki, are you alright?" Yaoyorozu asked one break time as I had my head down on my desk so I didn't have to see (y/n) and Bakugou's pda.

"Mm," I growled, not in the mood to talk to anyone. She didn't press further and I heard her walk away, thankfully leaving me alone. I needed to grow up at some point and actually talk to her again, as I had barely held a conversation with her since she and Bakugou became a couple - it was just too hard. I could tell however that she was getting suspicious, and the last thing I wanted her to do was to find out that I had feelings for her.