Chapter 40

My foot tapped against the dull tiles. God my head was about to explode, what the hell was the difference between all of these boxes.

I exhaled and just picked up the one with the most appealing packaging. I had no idea what the side effects of these would be, I guess I'll have to try and see.

I placed the box on the counter, and pulled out my money. A middle aged lady behind me took a look at the box and lowered her eyebrows. I gave her a cold glare and walked away with my box after paying.

—————

"I mean, she's definitely not going to be on my good side." Roman scoffed, walking with me after our lecture. He'd been blabbering on about Monique betraying him.

From the distance, I saw Enzo approaching. I've been staying at his place for the past week, and only go to my dorm when I want to get something of mine.

During college hours, he'd be fake dating with Chloe. At this point it was almost like watching a reality show, he had no interest in her yet she still tried so hard showing everyone she was his.

As I walked past Enzo, I tried hard not looking in his direction. He purposely grazed the side of his body against mine, it was so obvious. I pretended I didn't notice, making Roman narrow his eyes.

"He wants you."

My eyebrows furrowed at his words in a fake questioning way. "What do you mean?"

"Come on, the guy's obviously had a thing for you since day one."

"No he hasn't. And he has a girlfriend Roman, who he likes." I replied, trying hard not to let those last words burn my tongue.

"You are so oblivious." He breathed. "If I had a guy look at me like he does to you during class, I'd scream."

"I'm not listening to a word you're saying."

He rolled his eyes, and we sat down at a table outside for the break between our lectures.

While eating, he glared down at my handbag. "Oh my god you whore!" He exclaimed, making other people glance our way.

I stared at Roman telling him to lower his voice, and he pulled my bag open pointing at the birth control pills I bought this morning.

"Who are you doing?!" He asked accusingly pointing his finger at me.

"No one!" I replied. "You've clearly never felt the agonising pain of period cramps."

"Ugh I was almost excited for you." He sighed. "Maybe you'd be less uptight if you-"

I grabbed his arm and squeezed it making him shut his mouth.

———

After eating I caught Enzo in a hallway again. I ignored him, but he stalked towards me.

"Can I ask...what are you?" I say while entering the room to my history lecture as he followed.

"What?"

"You're so obvious, pretty soon the whole building will know what's going on between us."

"And what's going on between us?" His eyes flash with amusement.