𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

I never seemed to be bored at school. That wasn't however the case at home. My brother created no company what so ever, and I spent most of my time on my own. The only entertainment I seemed to be receiving, were the letters Cedric would send me daily. That is possibly the only positive and exciting outcome of the whole six weeks; Cedric and I becoming closer than ever. 

Dear Y/N,
I can't believe it's almost time to go back to school. I'm not complaining though; I have missed you. 

I just wanted to ask, only if you're interested, but my father and I have one extra ticket for the final of the Quidditch World Cup if you wanted to join us? It will be great fun.

Hope to see you soon
Ced

I had never been to the World cup before. I love Quidditch and it was only now that I realised that I have only ever been to one or two matches outside of school. I couldn't imagine what this would be like, bar amazing.

Dear Ced,
That sounds amazing, I would love to come. Only of course if that is okay with your father; I wouldn't want to intrude.

Miss you too.

Y/N

I stared at the letter, before passing it to Y/O/N and watched as he/she flew away, out onto the horizon. The sun was setting and rich hues of red blended with oranges, purples, crimsons. My eyes were steady on the giant ball of light, as it sunk into the world before me. The sun cast its golden rays down upon the vast layers of green, that made up the countryside behind my house. I must have gotten lucky when we moved here; I did in fact have the best view from the whole house. I took one last deep breath of the fresh air, from the life outside of my bedroom, before shutting the windows and sighing, as I launched myself onto my bed.  

I sunk into the sheets and the mattress moulded to my new position. I noticed a small envelope still unopened on my desk. I rolled out of my bed and shuffled to my desk, as I picked up the letter and broke the glowing seal.

Dear Y/N,
I hope all is well. I wanted to write you, to inform you I am safe. Harry and Hermione released me and I have found security at my old house in London. The address is as follows: 
12 Grimmauld Place.

Please write back as soon as possible. It would be great to hear from you. I hope you enjoy your last year at Hogwarts, and that we can reconnect once again.

Yours,
Sirius

The words made my whole body warm. My Uncle and I shared the most treasured relationship that I cared about. He would tell me the most interesting stories and kept me awake passed my 'bedtime' as a child. I eagerly awaited his visits and was completely heart-broken by the news that he could never visit again. It pained me to hear the same waffle from the press, about how he was a 'raging lunatic' when I thought completely different. Although I didn't show it, I was overjoyed by his second escape. He was safe and well, innocent. 

"Darling, everything alright?" I heard a soft voice ask. I turned my head towards the direction of the speech, to find my mother standing in the frame of the door.

My mother and I had discussed Sirius through various letters whilst I was still at school, but only brief words. I knew she hated the imaginary idea about him being a 'vicious murderer' just as much as I did. I wasn't sure whether she knew where he was now, or that he was safe. I guess I wasn't the person to tell her. 

"Never better."

•·················•·················•

"Y/N! Merlin, I've missed you." Cedric pulled me into a hug and I settled into his warm embrace, that I had missed so greatly.

"It's great to see you, Ced. Thanks again for inviting me." I smiled up at him, looking down on me.

"It's not a problem dear." a man holding a hiking stick, an oversized bag, hauled onto his back emerged from behind a tree. He was well dressed and had a cheery, comforting smile and small, thin glasses. "And you must be Y/N?" I nodded pleasantly. "Young Cedric here, has told me lots about you." he offered his hand and I gladly accepted. I smiled at Cedric, amused by his father exposing him.

"All good things I hope."

"Oh of course! You're Y/F/N's daughter?"

"Oh yes. I assume you work together, at the ministry?"

"That would be correct." he smiled, shaking my hand enthusiastically. "Ah Arthur! It's about time son." he had now turned to the group of wizards now approaching us, in the woods. 

"Sorry Amos. Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start." I noticed the group to consist of the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione. "This is Amos Diggory everyone, he works with me at the ministry. And this strapping young lad must be Cedric, am I right?" he had turned to Cedric, who was stood beside me and shook his hand.

"Yes sir."

"And you are, Miss Y/N? A fellow Hogwarts student?"

"That would be correct sir. It's lovely to meet you Mr Weasley."

"Oh please, call me Arthur." he insisted and I smiled.

Us children began trudging up the endless amounts of forest, bags in hand. We were cozy beneath the canopy of greens and the air was still. The woodland was a sort of peaceful paradise, amongst the darkness of the early mourn.

"Harry. Hermione. Ron." I nodded in each of their directions. Harry and Hermione seemed to be the only ones to smile back; Ron simply yawned. 

"Great to see you, Y/N." Harry smiled.

"You too Harry." I turned to a smaller girl, stood beside Hermione. "And you must be, Ginny right?" she nodded her head and smiled at me.

"Don't believe everything Ron says about her." George started.

"She's not that bad." Fred finished, as they joined our clump of people.

"Why thank you boys."

"That's it sir, just over there." Arthur said, gesturing to something odd shaped on the grass at the edge of a cliff, at the end of the forest. I had caught up with Cedric, and we approached the object that was now, clearly a boot. It wasn't a long trek, and myself being a morning-person, quite enjoyed the stroll out here. Dawn was breaking and the sun was seeping through the darker clouds that ceilinged the life below it. 

"Shall we? We don't want to be late." Amos pointed out.

"Why are they all standing around that manky old boot?" Harry asked, befuddled.

"Harry, it's a portkey." I told him, as I knelt on the ground, next to Cedric and grasped tightly onto the boot.

"Time to go. Ready?"

"What's a portkey'?" Harry asked, seemingly still very confused by the group, that was now entirely circling the boot.

"After three. One... Two..."

"Harry!" I yelled, noticing that he still hadn't concluded that he too was meant to hold on to the boot.

"Three!"

There was a flash of bright light and the world went spinning. Harry's screams still piercing my ears, as we hovered in mid air, still continuously circling around. He eventually managed to regain his senses and so did I. And just like magic, we were transported.

"Let go kids!" Arthur yelled.

"What??" Hermione yelled incredulously.

"Let! Go!" Arthur insisted once again.

Reluctantly, I let go. Harry, Hermione, the Weasleys and I tumbled through a whirl of air. We crashed to the ground with a thump. My head was pounding, but I learnt to ignore it. I glanced up to see Arthur, Amos and Cedric, gracefully striding towards us, still in the air, as they landed.

"I bet that cleared your sinuses ey?" Arthur laughed.

I was still on the ground when Cedric walked over to me and offered his hand to aid me to get on my feet. I sarcastically smiled and he hauled me up.

"You know if you had told me that 'tip', it would have been much appreciated." I brushed the mud off my trousers.

"Well, that wouldn't have been nearly as amusing."