Chapter 4 - About the Love Life in the Hot Springs

"Can you believe that Shen-xiong ordered us to clean his room..." Wei Wuxian groaned.

One of his hands carried a broom, while the other was a small-clothed wiper. Beads of sweat had eventually formed on his forehead from the labour. Wei Wuxian might've been the wife of his relationship, but it never occurred to him that he'd have to complete chores in the future. "Well, we are staying over, so it'd be bad if we don't help him out." Xie Lian kindly spoke next to him.

Xie Lian had a petite and slightly feminine figure, bandages wrapped around his arms and neck as he swept the floor. Finally noticing Wei Wuxian's odd glances at him, Xie Lian was puzzled, "Do I have something on my face?"

Wei Wuxian shook his head helplessly, "No, there's nothing on your face. I was just wondering how an arrogant Ghost King ended up sharing a room with a scrap picker."

Hearing his statement, Xie Lian's ears reddened. "San Lang and I just shared a long history... and are in a... relationship so..." he stared at the ground, fumbling with his broom, "It's only natural that we get to share a room."

"Okay okay," Wei Wuxian chuckled. "I was just teasing you. There's no need to get all worked up."

Xie Lian obediently nodded, "But Wei-xiong, how did you and HanGuang-Jun end up together?"

"Haha," Wei Wuxian laughed, "Lan Zhan had fallen in love with me at first sight during our school days. He couldn't help himself, groping me all over the place and having Spring Dreams about me-"

"Wei-xiong," Xie Lian lowered his voice to a whisper, "I don't think you should talk about HanGuang-Jun like this... just because he's not here with us."

"So what?" Wei Wuxian huffed. "Your San Lang isn't here as well, so do tell me... how good is he in bed?"

"Huh?" Xie Lian's red face had reddened to such an extent, he seemed as if he was about to evaporate. His hand that held the broom had dropped it, with a resounding CRASH overflowing the room. "I I I I I I I I I I..." He continued on with his repeat of I's, while Wei Wuxian watched him in disbelief. "Actually... I... I'm a bit hungry..." Xie Lian mumbled.

"I'll go get some snacks, I'll be right back." He didn't dare to look Wei Wuxian in the eyes as he ran off.

Wei Wuxian pressed a finger innocently on his lips, "By 'snacks', did he mean by the Ghost King or no...?"

By the time Xie Lian returned with the snacks, Wei Wuxian had finished sweeping all the dust in Shen Qingqiu's office. "I'm back." Xie Lian seemed to be out of breath, with rosy cheeks accompanying his slender cheekbones. "Do you like porridge...? Luo-xiong offered them, but he seemed kind of upset when giving them away..." He carried a tray of several bowls of porridge.

Wei Wuxian smirked, "It seems like Luo-xiong is being generous on behalf of his Shizun."

Xie Lian became quiet as he set the tray gently on a table, "I think Luo-xiong is trying really hard to gain his Shizun's favour. I really admire him... if only I had his talent for cooking..."

"Is Xie-xiong's having trouble in the aspects of cooking?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"Maybe." Xie Lian sighed.

They began wiping the tables and windows with tablecloths; not a single dust left in sight. Their waists ached unbearably as they continued, something they never thought they'd have in common from doing chores.

"Have you two finished...?" A stern voice had entered the room.

Wei Wuxian and Xie Lian turned around to find Shen Qingqiu at the doorway. "Shouldn't you be able to tell by the looks?" Wei Wuxian huffed.