Chapter 48

One afternoon, Mia decided to go and spend some time alone in the library after her classes.

She was standing in front of a huge bookshelf filled with old books, squinting her eyes slightly as she tried reading their spines.

While struggling to read one of the faded titles, she suddenly felt a presence behind her.

"Hello," she heard James' low voice.

After taking a deep breath, she turned around slowly. "Can you not sneak up on me like this?"

"My apologies," he smiled, then he leaned against the bookshelf with one shoulder. "What's up?"

"Nothing special," Mia shrugged. "Just thought I would spend some time in here."

"I see," James nodded. "Have you heard the news?"

"About us being together?" She asked in a bored tone. "Yeah, I did. It's a shame people have nothing better to talk about."

"Well, I think that there's no better topic than us," James grinned, then his face fell. "Uh, listen... are you busy right now?"

Mia raised an eyebrow at him. "Kind of, yeah," she gestured towards the books.

"I mean... could we talk?" He looked down into her eyes with a serious expression.

Her eyes widened, but after a few seconds of thinking, she hummed. "Alright. Since we're friends now, I suppose I could postpone my library session."

"Great. Should we leave, then?"

Mia nodded, then the two of them left the aisle and started heading towards the exit of the library.

On their way, she noticed that a few of the students looked at them, and started whispering with others. She rolled her eyes, knowing what they thought of her walking with James.

After they left, Mia turned her head and glanced up at the Gryffindor.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"I don't know," he shrugged. "Let's just find a place where we can talk."

Mia furrowed her eyebrows, then she picked her pace up. The third floor was quite empty at that time, so she walked up to a door that belonged to Classroom 3D, a smaller classroom near the one where they had their Defence Against the Dark Arts classes.

She took a look around to make sure no one saw them, then she turned back to look at James while she opened the door.

"Do you approve?" She asked.

They walked inside, and after closing the door, James nodded.

"Seems fine," he said.

Mia walked over to one of the small desks and took a seat on top of it.

"So... what would you like to talk about?" She stared at him curiously.

James walked closer to her, but stopped a few steps away and put his hands in his pockets. "Uh... okay, so... I know about what Albus did to you," he said slowly, looking into her eyes.

Mia frowned. "How do you know?"

"Don't be mad, but... Alex told me."

"Oh," Mia turned her head down, fixed her skirt, then looked back up. "And?"

James sighed sadly and took a step closer to her. "Mia, I'm – I'm so sorry he did that to you."

She shrugged. "It was quite disappointing, but I've moved on."