Chapter 7

Martina's POV

It's finally Sunday. I stretched myself the best I could in my bed. I opened my eyes and smiled. I get to rest today. But I realized something more worse arrived that made my smile fade away.

My period.

Time of the period is the worst time of a month. Not only you get cramps, but you eat like a pig and you gain four pounds in a week. And you feel like someone went with a trunk all over you again. That's at least how I feel. Really nice. *note the sarcasm*

I groaned and got up from my bed. I took a shower and put on the pad. I dressed in black sweatpants and white baggy shirt that I stole from my brother. My mom works today unfortunately. She works every two weeks on Sunday.

I got downstairs and took Nutella and bread out of the box. I put a lot of Nutella on the bread. Just when I put the piece of a bread in my mouth, knock on the door interrupted me. I huffed angrily and went to open the door to only find Lily at the door. She entered the house and went inside the kitchen with me following her.

"What's with the sudden visit?" I asked, suspiciously. If it's going to be about my boss again, I will really shoo her out of my house.
"I wanted to see and have a talk. I have to go with my mom to a mall anyway. She was nagging at me to go with her since a week ago." She said.

"Okay." I said.
"I wanted to admit something." She said, seriously. I looked at her worried.
"What is it?" I asked, panic already raising in my body.

"I lied to you that I like your boss." She said. I felt relief all of a sudden. Wait, what? Why was she pulling all that moves?
"How? You were literally fangirling over him."
"I mean he is handsome and all, but I wanted to see your reaction. You definitely like him, girl." She smirked at me. I don't know why I blushed.

"I don't like him. Like you said, he is my boss. And that's it." I said,  seriously.
"But why are you so jealous when I talk nicely about him? And why did you throw a tantrum when we went on lunch?" She questioned me, quirking an eyebrow up.
"Because he is my boss. I have respect for him." I saved myself really nice.
"Yeah, right. But you like him."

"No, I'm not!"
"Yes, you are."
"No, I'm not!"
"Yes, you are."
"No, I'm not."
"Yes—" I cut her off.

"Okay, fine. And what if I do like him? Do you even know how older he is than me?" I said.
"No, but—" I cut her off again.
"Fourteen years. Do you understand that?"

"So what? My parents have 10 years age gap and they are still married." She said, trying to explain to me.
"But I'm a kid compared to him. At least he thinks that." I huffed.
"Then don't let him think like that. Make some plan."

A plan? I don't know how to make a plan? But I will try something. I don't know what, but something. We talked a bit more when her mom called her. She rushed out and went home with her bike. I returned back to my eating.

I craved for an ice cream and figured out there was none in the fridge. I took my jacket and slipped in my shoes before going to the store. When I'm craving for something, I will get it no matter what. The closest store is a five minutes walk.

When I entered, I headed straight for the ice cream. I took few tubes of chocolate ice cream and went to the cashier.
"Make it together with this." I heard familiar voice said behind me. I saw him put cigarettes as cashier counted them too. Before I could protest he swiped his card and paid for my things too.

We got out of the store and he lit up a cigarette.
"You didn't have to pay for my thing. I will give you the money."
"What will measly $10 do for me?" He said that rather rudely. What's going on with him?
"Thank you then for paying for my things."
"It was nothing." He said and puffed another smoke of his cigarette.

"I can tell you're not in a mood. Do you want to take a walk?" I asked. He nodded and started walking. I know something was bothering him. We ended up in a park and sat on the bench. He was looking so distant now.

"I didn't know you are smoking, Mr. Hall." I stated.
"There is a lot of things you don't know about me." He said.
"For example, that you're head of a mafia?" I chuckled. He snapped his look towards me and looked at me confused.

"It's obvious, Mr. Hall. I know that mafias exists and they do wrong things. And here is the one mafia boss next to me." I said, chuckling.
"I just hope you don't hurt innocent people." I added, sorowfully.
"No, Martina. I don't do that." He said. I felt like some kind of relief passed through me with his words.

"I only smoke when I'm stressed or when I need some kind of release." He said.
"That's fine, I guess. Everybody needs some kind of release. Mine is crying. Seems pathetic, right?" I laughed. He looked at me in pity. And I hate that with all of me. Pity. I don't need that.

"Today is my parents's death anniversary. They don't have graves actually, because I don't know what happened to them after they died." He said, slumping his shoulders. I can tell he had been through a lot when he was younger. I don't know what came over me when I asked him this.

"Can you let me do something?" I asked him softly. He looked at me before nodding. I came closer to him and pulled him to my chest. My heart was beating eratically and I couldn't stop it.
"My dad used to hold me like this when I was sad. He was telling me that everything would be okay eventually." I said and stroked his hair.

He lazily put his arm around my waist. This little action made me all blushing. I was stroking his hair gently.
"Your heart is beating fast, but it calms me down somehow." He said. I blushed once again. I can't seem to stop blushing around him. He makes me feel nervous all the time. I can't even think about him without blushing.

We stayed like this for a while. He was just staying still, but I'm glad he enjoyed the way I held him. I always felt safe when my father held me like this. It somehow makes your worries to vanish. A simple holding.