127

Over the next month, George, Fred, Kathleen, Deanne, Sebastian, Emmett and I were all in hiding at 12 Grimmauld place. Lee was also here. Lupin ended up deciding it was for the best as he is in a relationship with Kathleen and just wanted to make sure that nothing happened to him either. We never knew how far my father would go but we did know that Voldemort would go far. I was sharing a room with George on the first floor where Fred and Deanne were sharing a room as well and so were Lee and Kathleen. On the second floor was one single room and that's where Sebastian and Emmett slept. We celebrated two birthdays. On February 2nd, Sebastian turned twenty-eight and on February 8th, Deanne turned twenty.

Once a week, Bill apparated into the house with some groceries and supplies so that we didn't run out. We weren't allowed to ever leave the house, not until it was safe or until we had to fight in the war. Not until it was necessary. The day that George had called everyone for a meeting, Bill and Molly went to pack our things from the flat while some of the others did the same for everyone else in the house.

I wouldn't lie and say it was nice to be around people I cared about but it was stressful to know that at any moment, we might be discovered and some of us might get killed. I hated that thought. Every morning when we woke, Emmett would already be up and breakfast would be prepared. Every night, he cooked dinner and we ate. Every night we tried to find something interesting to talk about but as every day past, finding a new topic became more difficult. Nothing really happened and now I mostly spend the day reading. I was almost through every book in this house and then I planned to start over.

"Good morning."

I looked at George as he leaned over me from behind the sofa, planting a kiss just below my ear. "How'd you sleep?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" I chuckled, running my hand into his hair while my eyes flicked down to the book in my lap. "After all, you did sleep for much longer today."

"Ahh yes." he hummed. "I slept like shit."

This night it was George who had a nightmare. It's all the stress about our current situation. I think it's getting to everyone. I now know how it feels whenever I wake up from a nightmare and he has to see me like that.

"I know, my love." I sighed. "But hey. Go eat some breakfast. There should be some left in the fridge."

"Okay." he kissed my neck again and then pushed himself up. "Morning to you too Kathy."

He smiled at Kathy who sat in the chair. She just gave a little nod, her eyes focused on the nature outside of the windows. George ran his hand over my shoulders, fingers brushing past my neck as he walked into the kitchen.

"Kathy?" I questioned. "Are you alright?"

I closed the book and placed it on the coffee table before I moved to the other end of the sofa to sit closer to her. She turned her head and looked at me, sending me a soft smile. "I'm pregnant."

My eyes widened, my jaw dropped and I think my heart skipped a beat. Pregnant? As in carrying a baby? As in preparing to be a parents? Actual pregnant? I didn't know what to say. I was shocked. Even more shocked than I was when I suspected it with myself.

"And I'm happy about it." she told me. "I'm scared, obviously. Especially because we're in war and we are currently in hiding in case you didn't know."

She chuckled and I did as well, reaching for her hands. She let me take them and I gathered them in mine, smiling widely at her. "Does Lee know?"

"I don't know how to tell him." she said. "We're still so young. He might look at it differently than I do."

"If he loves you, if he sees a future with you, I don't think he will." I assured her. "But you should probably tell him before you are too far along. Heck, I only suspected a pregnancy and George was pissed I didn't tell him."

"You suspected a pregnancy?"

"You suspected a pregnancy?" it now came behind me as Sebastian entered the living room. I sighed and let go of Kathy's hands so I could look at my brother.

"The test was negative." I told him. "It was only a suspicion but it was false."

Sebastian narrowed his eyes at me, then nodded and continued through the room to the kitchen. I turned back to Kathy who sunk into her seat with a sigh. "I'll tell him tonight."